Friday, July 22, 2005

Selling On eBay

Peaceful Forest Homestead 1999


People seem to be so interested in the fact that I sell on eBay and in fact, have my own store there. I am surprised that not many people I know sell online. Most people I know are buyers. Everybody says that they don't know how to sell there. Yet eBay makes it so easy! I started out by having my girlfriend sell a menu I had from Windows On The World Restaurant (the restaurant at the top of The World Trade Center). I used to go there with my first husband and for some reason I had saved my menu. It was signed by the captain who was there that night. My friend sold it on eBay for ninety dollars - not bad for something I had packed away in a trunk. Now someone who really wanted it has it. I have some cash!

The store fees are not that bad. Especially when you are running a store that has a world wide market. Where else could you open a store in one day? Maybe even have a sale that same day? By using PayPal I can take credit cards or e-checks. Don't have to have a merchant account for that. I love it!

My husband says "it's like a paycheck every day." Well not always. There will be days with no sales and then all of a sudden I will get four or five right together. The stuff I have been selling so far is just things I already have in my house. When that is all gone I plan on going to garage sales, thrift shops, etc. to get more items. You kind of discover what sells as you do it. Sometimes a certain item is hot for a while then it dies down.

Do not buy a book on how to make lots of money on eBay! Just go to the discussion boards on eBay and lurk around for a while. If you have questions that is where to get the answers. I have learned most everything I know from the knowledgeable sellers on the stores boards. I would add too that they are also the nicest people. Some of the boards treat you as if you are an escaped convict!





Copyright © 2005 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2005 Kathleen G. Lupole
Updated 2024






Copyright © 2005  Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: