Sunday, October 17, 2010

No Mess Cooking Perfect Bacon



We eat bacon  a couple of times a week. Especially since I try to eat low carbs as much as possible. I don't like the mess or the grease to clean up.  I only use cast iron pans and they are heavy to clean, and even though I love them, I hated frying my bacon in them. Then I came across the blog, Inspirations by D: Bacon Tip. She gave me the tip on cooking the bacon like this:

Put aluminum foil over a cookie sheet and put the raw bacon neatly across it. Try not to let them touch or they will stick together. I know this! I had to make 12 slices, 4 for each of us, and mine did stick. But after it cooled off, I was able to separate the pieces easily.



My oven tends to run hot, so I set the oven at 350 degrees and let it cook. This bacon was really good, the thick kind. If you are using very thin bacon watch it closely. It cooks nice and easy and I imagine even with thin bacon it would cook fine.



It cooked in the oven and I checked it after about 20 minutes, then I turned them over. Not even 10 minutes later it was done. Nice straight pieces and everyone loved it.



Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole, Updated 2018

All Photographs Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried this method using thick cut bacon. This was the best bacon ever!

Lori said...

We eat Morning Star Bacon Stips, they are cut very thin, but I'll have to try this and watch it closely.