Saturday, January 29, 2011

Celebrating 14 Years Of Marriage



Today is my anniversary. Fourteen years married to the man of my dreams. The man I should have waited for instead of getting married twice before. But who knew? Who knew the man I was dreaming of was a real live man? Not just in my imagination.

Fourteen years ago we went to the justice of the peace, who was a woman and she married us with another woman standing in as our witness. That is just so like us, to get married alone with nobody we knew there with us.

We then drove to Larry's parents' home. He couldn't wait to share this news with his parents. His mother had been praying for this day. She was surprised to see us there, and sat and talked a bit. Then said she had to go to her dentist appointment. Larry stopped her and said, "Before you leave, I want to introduce you to someone." She looked at him as if he was a nut.

"To who?" There was no one there but his parents and us.

He looked at me and said, "To Mrs. Larry Lupole."

His mother jumped out of her chair and shouted, "Praise the Lord!"

Of course, after that she insisted we stay till she got back and we would all go out to dinner. Which we did.

We have had the usual ups and downs most couples have. Bad times, good times and all those times in between. I am very thankful to have a caring husband who is also my very best friend in the world. I can tell him anything and I can share my secrets with him.



How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

By Elizabeth Barrett Browning




Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole
Post a Comment