Saturday, February 19, 2011

Back To Modern Homesteading

Still snowing here...........

Things may be changing around my homestead. I am concentrating on making a business plan and gardening plan for the coming gardening season. I am going to look into growing some herbal plants for selling locally. Those are some of the plants that I have in my garden already, that come up every year. Adding some new types that may be of interest to others. In our area we have many places to sell as well as being able to sell right from our homestead.

I have spent the years from 2002 to present trying to make a go of our websites. I think I am burned out on it. So I am going to step back a bit from the internet and concentrate on my life here on my homestead. Networking and selling aren't really what I like to do. I like to write. And I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy writing my blogs. I will see if I can just do that along with gardening and homesteading. But the internet is big monthly payment for me and I don't know if it is really worth it since it has taken me away from what I was doing here to start with.

I hate to think that internet has become to me what television is to other people. Being a "mouse potato" is not something I want to become, or to stay, if I am one already. Need to think outside of  the computer and get on with other areas of my life. None of this is definite yet, but you may see that I will cut back on my posting and maybe make some changes on my other blogs. Life has been too tough and stressful this winter around here and I have to make sure it isn't like that next winter.



 Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole

3 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

It's been stressful around here too. And I'm also trying not to be a "mouse potato". Cute title. lol Good luck with the herbs selling project. We grown a lot of our own here as well.

PythonKatie said...

I will miss you if you do choose to...but completely understand the reasons. All too often I am a mouse potato...but since it IS my work (IT field)...hard to let it go.

Marlene said...

I'm so sorry this winter has been difficult. I can't imagine what it must be like to be sort of snowed in for so long. Praying for signs of spring to come to your Homestead soon!