Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful For My Readers!



Our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday was a traditional dinner. Nothing fancy, just good food, cooked by me. Our pumpkin pies and bread was made with pumpkin we grew in our garden, and I canned. A little bit of work for an outstanding meal! That is one of the advantages of raising your own food. Next year, I plan on following a plan I have devised for filling our food supply.



Today I am worn out from a day spent in the kitchen. But it was worth it. To make a nice dinner for my husband and son. My son has been a big help to me in the kitchen, and I know most men his age would not want to be in the kitchen helping their mom. But he worries about me and this is the only way he can help. I appreciate his help so much!



I am very thankful to my husband, who throughout the year keeps our home running smoothly. He is always working on making things easier, repairing something, or just general care of our homestead and horses. I appreciate it and may not tell him every day. Not only that, but he is instrumental in my computer work for my home based business........which is very important for keeping our homestead running smoothly.






We don't participate in the Christmas shopping season that everyone else loves to do. My husband did buy me a Kindle Fire as a surprise, but not really a Christmas gift. Just because he knew I wanted one, and if I had one I could read at night using the light on it. Our power is limited during the winter without much sunlight. Another reason I wanted one was that I love reading eBooks instead of physical books now. But even more so, now that I have my Kindle Fire!





I hope you all had a wonderful dinner yesterday and are having a good holiday week-end with your family. I just want to say here that I am thankful for all my readers here. Listening to what I say and taking the time out of your day to visit my blog, making a comment and/or telling others to visit it too............really means a lot to me. I love all of my readers even though I do not know you and am grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you!



Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole



8 comments:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

And I one of many am thankful for you and your blog! You help and encourage me in so many ways. Thank you.

katlupe said...

Why thank you, Peggy! You just made my day!!!

Paula said...

I appreciate you thoughtful and caring Thanks given. I am fortunate to have met you and get to know you better by the day. Thanks for being who you are!

Unknown said...

Glad you had such a lovely day. It must feel so rewarding to have homegrown veggies as part of your Thanksgiving feast!

Teresa Meadows said...

Hi Katlupe,

Your welcome I read often but I do not comment much. I always find your lifestyle unique and intend to put my own twist to your model someday. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and I am glad to hear your Thanksgiving was so pleasant.

Unknown said...

I love the pix of the inside of your home. I have always wanted to live in the woods in a house like yours. Instead, I live in a huge metropolis. You are so blessed. Always enjoy your blog.

Lori said...

So glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. We had a fabulous day too. My oldest came home from college and it was so nice to have him home. Enjoy your Kindle!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. My husband and I are hoping to eventually move out of the city and grow our own veges. at the moment we have a 10x10 garden that has restricted usage so we cant even grow anything. thanks for blogging.