Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Food Wars Include Low Carbers

Ground Beef for low carb meals!

As most people know, I eat mostly low carb foods. I follow Dr. Atkins' induction food plan when I am being very good. When I am not being very good.............I suffer! Not kidding! I have written about it in this post, The Key To Low Carb Cooking.

Baked Beans Is A High Carb Meal!

Something I have noticed on the internet and elsewhere, is that there are food wars going on. It is so weird how people want everyone else to do exactly what they are doing. If they are vegetarians, they put down the meat eaters. Or vice versa. If they eat high carbs, they put down low carbs. I guess it carries over to other parts of life though. Smokers vrs non-smokers. Drinkers vrs non-drinkers. Homesteaders vrs "Yuppies" (or whatever you call them).

One of the low carb foods that I rely on!

Why is that? I personally, like to encourage people in my lifestyle or food plan, if they show a interest in it. If not, then one less person to move out to the country or buy up all the good meat and produce in the store! If they are not interested in the things I am, that is fine with me. I will not fight with them or argue about it. I am not trying to say my way is the best way, or the only way. Just my way.

Berries are a low carb fave!

My husband and I tried several times to switch to vegetarian. It did not do it for us. We both grew up with meat at every meal, and was not satisfied without it. When I read Dr. Atkins book, I found that everything he said for me, was right on. Ever since I switched, my health improved and I lost weight. So it speaks for itself.

Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole
Updated 2018

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am under doctor's orders to eat vegan and while I didn't think it would help the intestinal disease I have fought for about 15 years, it was nearly a miracle cure. I am not vegan for any other reason. I don't believe it is wrong to eat meat any more than I believe it is wrong to dismiss carbs from a diet. What I am dead set against is the way dyed in the wool vegans rant at those who are not vegan. If I hadn't been exposed to it myself, I'd never have believed it. Why on earth does anyone care what anyone else eats? With the world in the mess it is, it seems there are so many more things to be concerned about. These food wars are ridiculous. I've had people ask me how I lost so much weight and why my skin glows at age 71 and I tell them it must be my diet because nothing else has changed. If they question further, I give more detail. Live and let live. Let us just be friends and forget about what others are eating. I'm with you. How you fill your tummy is your own business. Not mine.

katlupe said...

I think it goes back to that thought that we are all individuals. Not only do we think different from each other, but our bodies are different too. What I am comfortable with, someone else may not be. In fact, my son and husband eat high carbs and I just prepare my food in a different pan or a different way than their food. My husband, has said he wants to switch to the low carbs now because he likes my food better and it makes him feel better too. So one step at a time.......