Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friends Who Disappoint You

Dark Shadow & Georgie Girl

Without going into details, I am feeling much disappointment and shock over finding out a friend is not what, or who he seems. Many times through out life, you will meet someone who you really look up to. Then some years later, find out that they don't live up to that image. It isn't your fault that you couldn't see what was going on in that person's head or private life. The fact is, that nobody could see it, as they kept it that way. Presented themselves, and their lifestyle as one you would like to live. Then you find out, it is not what you thought.

Tawny getting her hooves trimmed!

In those cases, what I felt after I got over the shock of the situation, is that I am in a better situation than they were all along. That my life is MINE, and mine alone. I make my own choices along the way, and some work out, and some don't. I try to be nice to others, and not step on anyone's toes along the way. Support the people in my life as much as possible in their choices. I never force my lifestyle or choices on my grown child or other family members. They are free to make their own choices, right or wrong.

Hurrying to the barn!

Friends will disappoint you many times through out your life, and there is nothing that can be done about that. So will family members. I wish I had gained this knowledge when I was in my twenties instead of now. Sometimes you want to help someone not make the mistakes you made, but that is how they learn. That is just life.






Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole





6 comments:

* Crystal * said...

Aww hon, I'm so sorry :( No words from me can make this better, but I will keep you in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Joanne said...

I've been there. I think everyone has at one time or another. Doesn't make it any easier though.

d'Artagnan said...

I'm sorry to hear about this as well. Something I have learned lately is that some people are just toxic and nothing you do or say will help them make better choices or changes. I don't know if it has anything to do with your situation, but I think it relates to what you say about friends disappointing you.

Unknown said...

That's the worst. So sorry you have to go through this! It's terrible when friends are disappointing, but even worst when you feel like you've been the disappointing one. I hope you're feeling better about this soon!

katlupe said...

Thank you for your comments!

In this situation it was not a friend in the normal sense of the word. But a friend who taught homesteading skills when I was first getting started. Now he didn't do anything to me personally, but it was other things that have come to light that he was doing to others. Things that were unspeakable and hurt them. So my disappointment in him is as a human being, and as a Christian, which he portrayed loudly, but didn't live up to that either.

dreaming in maine said...

I think we've all been there. It is definitely disheartening! It makes one wonder: did these people secretly admire me for living my life honestly?