Monday, May 07, 2012

Battery Powered LED Candles







It only takes a matter of time before new technology replaces old. In the old days, women spent hours making candles for lighting their homes. It wasn't always safe and many homes burned down due to a candle toppling over or a child playing with it. Making candles now is a hobby and they sell all types of kits and have classes to teach that old art. In my opinion though, as a "modern homesteading" woman, I like new technology. It gives me time to do other projects. Making candles isn't one of them. 





Battery operated lights is something I have recently learned about. Since I generate my own electric, I am always on the look-out for new ways of using lights in my house. These lights are actually candles that have LED lights in them. There is no flame to worry about. In my house I always worried about my playful cats going after a dancing flame and knocking a candle over. You don't have to worry about that with these flameless candles. I especially like the fact that they are operated by batteries and not an electric cord. That would spoil their effect, don't you think so? They can be put right into a plant or flower display and no worrying about catching on fire. What fun they will be at Christmas! 






Flameless candle with timer wavers like a real flame. It is fun to entertain with these candles. You can have a house full of them for a special effect.  And yes, they are like real candles. They look like a wax candle, are made with wax and smell of wax. I have a feeling that most people would never know they were not real candles with a real flame. The candles with timers can be programmed to turn on and off when you want. Have them on when you get home and turn off when you go to bed. What could be easier? A real candle cannot be compared to these! 





I know many people will scoff at these new type of candles, but it wasn't that long ago when people were the same way about cars, microwaves and electric teapots. Living the way I do, I like many things of old, but I am smart enough to welcome the new technology that makes my home easier to run and safer too. Having a supply of these candles for when your electric power source is out would be another great use for them. Keeping a stock of batteries so you don't run out would be a good idea and I intend to do just that. What do you think? Would you be willing to give these candles a try?  I know for me, I can't wait to try them! 












Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole
Unless otherwise noted as above

4 comments:

Sunny said...

So far I haven't broken down and bought any of these candle, but they certainly have their advantages. I may just have to buy at least one.

Dave Keller said...

Hi Kate,

I really like your new blog layout. It's very clean and crisp!

I too am familiar with the battery operated candles. They are a safe alternative to the real ones, especially if you have cats.

katlupe said...

Illa, I haven't bought any yet. But ever since I wrote this post yesterday, I find myself back on their site figuring out which ones I am going to buy. I think I will buy 3 of them to start.

katlupe said...

Dave,

Thank you! I have been working on it. Still working on the header (banner). It didn't come out exactly as I wanted.