Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Learn Homesteading Food Production From eBooks


I am working on putting together a list of eBooks you can buy at Amazon for your kindle or other readers. If you do not have your own reader or kindle, here is a FREE app that is available at Amazon's Kindle store for you to download. Then you can buy or get free books in the kindle store!

Free Kindle Apps


The Pickled Pantry: From Apples to Zucchini, 150 Recipes for Pickles, Relishes, Chutneys & More
An eBook that I bought today and can't wait to look through! From basic pickling to fermenting.



The Trapper's Bible: Traps, Snares & Pathguards
I thought this book sounded like a good addition to a homesteader or prepper's library. Knowledge that you need in case of emergency conditions.



Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game
A book for anyone who is raising livestock, regardless of your experience.



Honeybee: Lessons from an Accidental Beekeeper
This eBook is about honeybees and raising bees. Just from what I read about this book, I may buy it myself for my kindle, and I don't even raise bees. Just from a curious standpoint.



The Healing Powers of Honey
I have always believed in the healing power of honey. If you research honey you will find that it does, indeed, have healing powers.




Recipes from the Root Cellar: 270 Fresh Ways to Enjoy Winter Vegetables
I bought this eBook today because I don't think I use the root vegetables in more appealing recipes more often. I am looking forward to trying these very soon!


McGee & Stuckey's Bountiful Container: Create Container Gardens of Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, and Edible Flowers
If you are thinking of trying to garden in containers, then this book is exactly what you are looking for! Even though I have plenty of raised beds, I use containers also. This book is one of the best for container gardens.


Put 'em Up!: A Comprehensive Home Preserving Guide for the Creative Cook, from Drying and Freezing to Canning and Pickling
Step-by-step instructions for the newest canner, as well as the experienced ones. This canning book is on my list for my next purchases, as I cannot resist the promise of the newest canning recipes.


Vertical Gardening and Container Gardening - Ideas for Growing Vegetables and Herbs In Small Vertical Places Outdoors and Indoors
This book, I bought myself this morning, as I have been wanting to garden in less space by going up. I haven't read it yet, but am hoping to find some good ideas I can use.


Easy Homemade: Homemade Pantry Staples for the Busy Modern Family
I am a advocate of cooking from scratch and this book will get you started.



I hope these eBooks will get you started on your homestead, self-reliance and learn how to grow and preserve your own produce. It is a challenge, but once you start, I think you will like it!




Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole

1 comment:

Mary Bennett said...

I'm interested in container gardening, growing upward too.