Saturday, May 04, 2013

Watching My Seedlings Grow!

 Tomato seeds planted in this one.

From a container of dirt, some water and sunshine...........comes our food! Every spring, gardening fills my thoughts. I want to always grow more every year, than I did the year before.

 Seedlings in the bathroom.

Many different plants get their start inside the house to give them a head start when the weather warms up. Tomato and pepper plants, especially have to be started early in order to enjoy them as early as possible. My cucumbers and squash plants, I have been starting inside in recent years, but I really don't have to. They still grow fast, and I know we will be eating lots of squash and cucumbers fresh from the garden all summer.

Getting bigger!

The seedlings respond to the warmth of the sunshine every morning! Someday, we hope to have a greenhouse. We had planned on building a sun room on our deck so that we could start seeds there. But now we have plans to move from this house, and will make sure our new house will have a space for starting seeds. And it will not be cold during the night, as it is here. That will make gardening much easier.


Gathered together in front of the window every morning!


I swear if I sat in front of them all day, I would see them move through the dirt! No, I have watched, and you never see their heads pop up. A few minutes later, you come back and there they are......popping up through the dirt!






Copyright © 2013 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2013  Kathleen G. Lupole

Post a Comment