Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Fight With Candida Using Low Carbs



This year, 2015, I have decided to work harder on my health. My health conditions aren't life threatening.........at least, so far that I know of. I found I had several conditions that come from chronic Candida. One thing I found out about it is that a low carb food plan is essential to ridding your body of it. That was great! I was smiling! Not for long though. In Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution book, he listed the low carb foods you couldn't eat while you were working on getting rid of the yeast overgrowth (Candida). Most of those foods were the ones I eat the most. Yes, all my favorites, such as cheese, bacon, sausage, ham and all pickled foods. Grrrrr!


Crustless Spinach Quiche

If I want to get rid of it though, I must follow his advice and not eat those foods. I am now in the process of learning how to eat a really strict low carb food plan for the time being. I can't eat cheese, which really helps on a low carb plan. There are two cheeses he says that are okay. One is cream cheese, which is essential for a low carb plan that is easier to stick to. The other cheese I can eat is Mozzarella. I don't normally eat that one, but have started eating it this week. It was okay and I can live with it. Yesterday, I made fried cheese with it, and it was pretty good.

Hamburger, Brussels Sprouts, Salad & Blue Cheese Dressing

My plan is not the usual new year resolutions. I don't make those. This is just a plan with a goal. My goal is to be feeling better and be rid of the Candida, and those annoying health conditions that are caused by it. I figure my birthday, which is near the end of June, will be my goal date. Twenty-three more weeks to go..........




Copyright © 2015 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2015 Kathleen G. Lupole
Updated 2018









No comments: