Thursday, March 02, 2023

Electric Vehicle Charging Station in Norwich, NY

 



Recently I went for walk, which is unheard of in February in New York! It was really a nice day and I spent time sitting in the sun in the park and watching traffic. I remembered that I noticed a small electric vehicle charging station in the parking lot next to my building. So on my way back home, I took a detour. I figured I would snap a few pictures of it to share on my social media. 


Far corner of the parking lot

As I got closer I saw someone working in the fenced in enclosure near the chargers. This little charging station is located in the far corner of the Hayes Street parking lot. This parking lot is behind the stores and restaurants on South Broad Street (Route 12) in Norwich, NY. I suppose if you have an electric vehicle it would be convenient to park it here to charge while you go to one of the restaurants or shops.


Dept. of Transportation


It turned out that the man working there was from DOT (Department of Transportation). He was very nice and showed me how the charger worked and how you pay to use it. New York State has an Electric Vehicle Charging Station Program available to vendors to place chargers in public spaces. This way the chargers are available to vehicle owners who do not have chargers at home.


Electric Vehicle Charging Station

There are two chargers at this location. I personally have not seen a car being charged there yet. It is hidden away in this parking lot so maybe nobody knows it is here. The restaurants could add it to advertisements and get some business when people are looking for a electric vehicle charger. 


BTC Power EV Charger

The chargers are BTC Power chargers. The system can charge two separate vehicles at the same time. This charging station is able to charge four vehicles since there are two chargers. BTC Power is a manufacturer of electric vehicle charging systems here in the US, Canada and Europe. They are located in Santa Ana, CA. 


Hays Street Parking Lot

I can't tell you much more about this charging station at this time. As soon as the weather permits I will go back and take some more pictures. I wanted to get close up shots of the charger but the DOT worker was there and I didn't want to bother him or take his picture. Hopefully I can get a picture of a vehicle being charged here. 






Copyright © 2023 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2023  Kathleen G. Lupole


No comments: