Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Latest Happenings At Peaceful Forest Homestead

My Parents's Home

I have been so busy these last few months, since my father had a stroke in July, and passed away in August. It has been an extremely hard time for me. If it wasn't for my husband helping me every step of the way, I don't know what I would have done. My father had appointed me as his Health Care Proxy, his Power of Attorney and the Executor of his estate (small though, it is). It never crossed my mind when he gave his papers to me over two years ago, that this would be such a difficult job. I worked hard not to let him down. He trusted me to do this for him. I felt honored and I respected his wishes through out the whole thing.

Happy Times for the Dran Family!


I won't go into all the details now. It has been a hard time. I have never had the opportunity to grieve for my father. Too busy for that luxury. Too much trouble from a family member who fought me every step of the way. It makes me sad to think of what my father may have gone through with this person. And I did not know. Cannot dwell on it now.He is gone and I am putting all that behind me! On to my life! I have gotten closer to my brother through this. For that I am glad. Maybe that is the silver lining in this ordeal.

The bean plants I couldn't keep up with this year!

Because of all these responsibilities I have had, I lost my garden harvest this year. I am sick over it! Instead of crying over it, I will now work on planning for my next garden. I have an opportunity to get a load of seeds from my brother, who is working for a local seed company. I am also planning on getting some home canned meats, soups, stews, chili, cheese, butter and other stuff processed as soon as I can. I can't wait to do that because that is my favorite thing to do anyway.

He's a cutie, don't ya think?

After I have sold my parents' property, it will be time to move on and work on our own home. We acquired another cat, "Spots." He seems to like living outside under the ramp to our house. He freaked out when he accidentally came inside. He did not like that at all! It will be nice and warm under the ramp when winter comes, since the snow will insulate it. We will keep a path for him to get in and out. He likes the upstairs of the barn too. Though my son, Jeff, said he found him sleeping on the beam of the lean-to where the horses hang out, next to the barn. He is a loving good boy!




Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole


2 comments:

Bev's Urban Garden said...

Hi Katlupe. It is good to hear that you are making progress and that you and your brother are closer. Family matters can be very tough at times. I really enjoy reading through your blog!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post Kat ~ sending you lots of healing hugs ~ not easy to lose loved ones and complicated by twirps ~ Your Dad is 'watching over you now like never before' ~ you will come through this well ~ glad you are closer to your brother now ~ Cat is adorable ~ (could be a messenger from your Dad if you believe in it) ~ Do take care of yourself ~ Carol (A Creative Harbor) ^_^