Monday, February 14, 2011

Special People Are Born On Valentine's Day!

Mrs. Loller, My 2nd Grade Teacher Sent This Card!


On Valentine's Day in 1970, my whole life changed............I had my son, Michael Jeffrey. I was 17 and knew nothing about babies. Luckily, I lived with my parents and my mother just loved babies! And especially her first grandchild! There wasn't anything she wouldn't do for him, even after he grew up. She was bedridden in her last years and Jeff would call her on the phone all the time, and she loved it. Especially when he asked her how to make some recipe. It made her feel useful at a low point in her life.



My Mother & Her Precious First Grandchild!

I always say we grew up together, because heaven knows what does a 17 year old know about being a parent? Up until then, I had absolutely no interest in children. I was not one of those young girls that just loved children. I didn't babysit. To tell the truth, I have never really ever been a kid person. I loved mine more than anything in the whole world............and still do. I did enjoy my nephew and niece when they came along years later. And even at one point really wanted to adopt my niece but was never able to do that.



On The Hospital Tray Every Day!




Early this morning he called me to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day! On his birthday, he called me. I love that he did that. His computer died and I don't know if he will ever be able to replace that. And his cell phone doesn't always work well in the place he is living right now. 




DJ Blue Steel At Work!


If you are born on Valentine's Day, then you are very blessed. Only VERY special people are born on Valentine's Day! Happy Valentine's Day to all my readers and followers! And to my son, I love you very much and hope you will have many, many more birthdays to come!!!!!





Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole

9 comments:

Bev's Urban Garden said...

Ahhhh, Katlupe that is such a sweet post. Happy Birthday to your son. Hope you had a special day today as well!
Bev

Pam said...

If only everyone realized what a blessing children are.

katlupe said...

Thank you! I had a very nice day with my sweet man.

The Redhead Riter said...

That was a very beautiful post Katlupe.

17? Wow! So young! You did grow up together. My mother was young when she had me too and we've always said that too.

Happy Birthday to your son!!!!

carol l mckenna said...

kat ~ Such a wonderful post ~ delightful ~ Love is truly what it is all about ~ thanks for sharing your wonderful self and family ~ hugs and namaste, cz:)

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Michael! A great post Kat

Crown of Beauty said...

Sending birthday greeting to Michael. He really is special, being the first grandson. So loved...

This is such a tender post, Katlupe.

I enjoyed my visit to your blog today. Belated Valentine greetings...

Love
Lidj

katlupe said...

Thank you for all the comments. I will be sure to tell my son of all the wonderful birthday wishes he got. He sent me an email to tell me that he read my post and he was proud that I was his mother. What a gift that was to me!

Anonymous said...

Aww very nice post, loved hearing about your son and your mom!