Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Carnivore Crisps Grass Fed Beef Flour in Chaffles


 


I have been using the Cornbread Flavored Chaffles recipe that 2 Krazy Ketos used for their Stuffler recipe for corn dogs. I use the same recipe but make chaffles in the Mini Dash waffle maker instead. That was great and I loved it. I wanted to try it with the Carnivore Crisps Grass Fed Beef Flour in place of the almond and coconut flours. Less carbs! This is a test batch. I normally make a double batch and freeze them so I can have them with my fried eggs for breakfast. I will be making more. One thing about these is they really fill you up. More so than the others did. Must be the beef.




I posted these pictures on my fakebook page and the comments I received were the typical ones from people who follow the sad (standard american diet) lifestyle. The price.........yes, it is expensive but when I purchased bulk foods from prepper sites it was about the same. Food that is dehydrated or freeze dried or ground into flour or crumbs is going to cost more if you compare it by ounce or pound. You do not use that much of it and believe me it does last a long time. I just finished a large can of dehydrated red pepppers that I bought from Emergency Essentials before I moved here. 


The texture inside the chaffles


These chaffles came out a much darker brown than the ones made with coconut and almond flour. They are savory but you can add sweetners, Swerve brown sugar or one of the sugar free syrups to change it to a sweet chaffle. Does it really matter is made with beef flour? Not really except it does lower the carb count and that is why I wanted to try it. They do taste good too but I don't think I actually tasted beef. I add cornbread flavoring to it and that gives it a distinct taste. 




One thing I see about my grocery budget is that it is consistently less now that I eat  "clean" ketovore or keto foods. None of those so called "Keto" snacks, cereals, crackers, etc. Just buy food that is very low carbs with no sugar, no other forms of sugar, no grains at all and no starchy vegetables. Whatever you choose, do not use the bad seed oils such as canola, soybean, corn, sunflower, etc.  Then you can buy eggs, dairy, meat or products that I consider ingredients, like the Carnivore Crisps. These chaffles can be used like you used to use bread. Which is what I do with the fried eggs. You can make grilled cheese sandwiches with them too. That is very good! 




These are the cornbread flavored chaffles made with coconut and almond flour. See the difference? Much lighter in appearance and light. They are still good and I am not going to stop making them. These too are made with pork rind crumbs. You cannot taste them. I love these chaffles not made with cheese but I make some with cheese depending on what I am using them for. A big bag of these in your freezer makes meals easy! 



Copyright © 2023 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2023  Kathleen G. Lupole



No comments: