Sunday, March 20, 2022

A Good Bread Replacement for the Keto Lifestyle



Yesterday, I made a chaffle recipe that was not eggy tasting nor cheesy either. Sometimes I want to use a substitute for bread or buns and do not want it to taste like eggs or cheese. Most chaffle recipes are mainly eggs and cheese. In my search for one that I could make ahead and store for a few days, I was back at one of my favorite keto channels on YouTube. Steve, from Serious Keto has made many different chaffle recipes. The recipe I tried is one he made when he was testing six different recipes sent in by his subscribers. It is the Best Bread Chaffle recipe on his website. 




Instead of using fresh egg whites called for in the recipe, I used powdered egg whites and it came out just fine. I think they were the best chaffles I have ever made. A change from the cheese ones, though I like those too. Otherwise I followed his recipe exactly. Dipping one into my eggs yesterday was like a luxury! I had not had anything to dip into an egg in a long time. The other types were good but not replacing the toast I liked to go with my eggs. 




One chaffle is 4 total carbs which is pretty good. I plan for two chaffle with breakfast so it is 8 total carbs which is good for me. Most days I do not get anywhere near my goal of 20 total carbs for the day. If you plan your daily menu ahead, you can plan on the 8 carbs for two chaffles in whatever meal you want to use them in. A sandwich or toast. Or just have one and cut it in half. Since these are quite small made on the Dash mini-waffle maker I like to have two.









Copyright © 2022 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2022  Kathleen G. Lupole




No comments: