Sunday, November 28, 2010

Then Sings My Soul By Robert J. Morgan



Such an inspirational book! I loved this book and could hardly put it down! I received this book, Then Sings My Soul by Robert J. Morgan from Thomas Nelson as a part of the Book Sneeze program. I chose this book to review as my second review for them because I thought it was an appropriate book for me. My husband plays music and sings in various Christian venues and often will include a history of a special hymn. I have seen books like this before, even have a couple myself. But this one really stands out as it gives you such details right down to special lines of the songs. The pages of the book are in the old time style of hymnals, with the jagged edges that make it easy to thumb through quickly to whatever page you are looking for.


Contains 150 hymns, including the well known Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Patriotic, as well as other favorites. The indices are easy to look up a hymn due to being searchable by the writer, the title or the first line of the hymn. Many times you may not know anything about a song except the first line. Easy to use!


Then Sings My Soul includes:



  • 150 Favorite Hymns
  • Easter Hymns
  • Christmas Hymns
  • Thanksgiving Hymns
  • Patriotic Hymns
  • Other Favorite Hymns
  • The History Behind Each Hymn
  • Indices by Title, Songwriter/Author and First Line



I highly recommend this book for a gift or if you are a Sunday school teacher or even conducting Bible studies this book would be beneficial in any of those activities. Even though I reviewed this book for Thomas Nelson and received a free copy, I would have purchased this for myself and may still do that as a gift for someone I know who would love it. I received no other payment for this review from Thomas Nelson or Book Sneeze. If you click my link under the photo, I am an affiliate of Amazon so if you buy it on their site, I would receive a small commission. I rely on that to keep my site online. Thank you, if you do!






"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises." ~ Psalm 98:4



Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole



No comments: