Thursday, June 09, 2011

Self-Sufficiency Means Never Giving Up

Garden area in backyard

Do you ever feel like you are the hamster on the spinning wheel? You keep doing things to try to get ahead and then other things prevent that from happening. I planned to plant the biggest garden ever to make up for the prices in the stores, then it doesn't rain. Yet, we had so much rain before the garden was in, that I thought I'd never get it in. Now it is so dry that I need the rain to make it grow.

Path covering the drain to our raised bed.

So many things are like that in life. That is why you can't ever get ahead. In fact, I don't think there is any such thing as being ahead in this life. It is a struggle every single day. Some days are worse than others. Some days it feels like there is no hope.

Blackberry Bushes in Blossoms!

In my past, I always felt that I was a survivor. I would figure I could always get a job to cover whatever I needed to do. Since I turned fifty though, my life changed. Nobody would hire me even though I am very knowledgeable in many areas. Now, I know I cannot work an outside job. My health will not allow it. So every day, I work and work on the computer hoping for success. Sometimes, I just want to give up. But I guess that survivor attitude always prevails. I keep trudging along.

Fox Grape Vine


  • So I am working on my garden, going to add more seeds in a day or so. Next time it rains. Putting more containers out as I can water them easily. 
  • Working on my business files. 
  • Working on my house. 
  • And especially trying to work on promoting my three websites, my blogs and my two Bonanza booths. Need to work on all of that. 
  • And I have some details to work on for my son. 

Tired just looking at that list!  What about you? What do you do when things are tough? Whatever you do or whatever you go through, do not give up! Somehow, it seems we do get through these bad times. It just takes time!



 Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole

4 comments:

PMcNemar said...

Sometimes all you can do is keep on keeping on. Never give up. Loving your blog please keep sharing.

Mary Bennett said...

Not a great time for me. I'm in the hospital too often and unexpectedly to feel comfortable selling on line. Then my state of Ct just passed some tax laws that prompted Amazon to terminate me being an affiliate, so much for me reviewing books and linking to them.
Bah!

Annie said...

This time of the year is always especially busy. Trying to get the garden in, while finishing a couple of propjects that can only be done with he weather is fine....no wonder you feel like a hamster on the wheel!

Same here....but this too shall pass. I hope you have just enough rain to water the gardens, and not enough to make you have to mow the lawn every 3 days!

katlupe said...

Mary, I am so sorry that you have been spending time in the hospital. I know that I live in fear of NY affiliates being canned by Amazon and Shareasale! I think something federal will end up being passed on this matter as more and more states keep jumping on that bandwagon.

Saying prayers for you.