Thursday, July 25, 2024

Do Not Force Your Opinions On Me



I belong to several different social media platforms as well as various forums. It is really more social interaction than I need or want. Nobody has actually done anything specifically to me but I see the snide remarks they make about other people. It is sickening. People tend to flaunt the idea that they are better than people living on the street with no home or drug addicted. I have news for them. They are no better than the poorest ones. No better than the worse drug addicts. These people think they are better than someone just because they live in a better home at a better address. They do not need to live in a subsidized apartment or use SNAP benefits (formerly known as food stamps) and Medicaid. Just be thankful that you don't. 




I even see people complaining that someone paid for shrimp or steak at the grocery store with their SNAP card! Then they complain that the SNAP recipients should only be allowed to buy healthy food. Not purchase all that processed foods, snacks and soda that they themselves are filling their grocery carts with every payday? I have news for you! Steak and shrimp are healthy foods! Probably cheaper than all that processed food you chose. When are you people going to grow up? Mind your own business! I recently saw a person being critical because someone who lives in subsidized housing orders a pizza and has it delivered. Really? 




Just because someone lives with a low income or subsidized housing does not mean that they are not allowed to have a pizza delivered. Actually there are no rules like that. It is independent living. As long as you pay your rent you can buy whatever you want with your money. Besides that person did not know the circumstances of buying that pizza. Maybe a visitor bought it for them as a treat. Or maybe they put that pizza delivery in their budget so they could treat themselves. 




These are the types of things that turn me away from people or social interaction. I could live very happily without social media and the forums. I don't really need to be there. Facebook is another story because I can delete whoever irritates me. I have many people there that I can say I truly love. Especially my cousins who I can stay in contact with now. Whether I have met one of my friends in person or not. Sometimes I forget I have never met them in person. Some I went to school with long ago and never expected to see or hear from them again. Now I am talking to them almost daily. Thank you for that, Facebook.




It is just that people go overboard with judging others. I have done it in my past and try to make an effort not to do it now. Judging someone because they smoke (I am very sensitive to the smoke), drink (I was married to an alcoholic so have a bad opinion of drinking) or eat what I consider to be unhealthy (I have worked so hard on fine tuning my keto diet but it is not for everyone). I have known people in my past who were very judgmental due to religious views. Fortunately I am tactful and never try to push my opinion on others. I just wish other people would not bother trying to force their opinions or choices on me. It is not going to work. 






Copyright © 2024 Kathleen G. Lupole

All Photographs Copyright © 2024  Kathleen G. Lupole


No comments: