Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Being And Feeling Fabulous



I remember when I turned 30 years old, and my then husband, gave me 29 red roses and one black rose. That shows you what people program you to think the future will be when you reach a certain age. I think it should have been a gold rose instead, or at least white or blue. But black? Everyone should look upon their birthday as a celebration...........not because they were born that day. But they have survived and lived one more year. Look at all the people you know who did not make it to the age you are right now. Or the ones you don't know! There are even more of them.


This year I reached the age of 60 years. Does it depress me? No, not at all. That is hardly the source of me ever feeling depressed or sad. It is usually caused by others in my life who are sad or angry about their lives. Or not being able to carve out a living for myself on this thing called the internet. Not my age at all. I am not sure why but maybe it is because I don't think about it that much.

No matter what age you are, the sky is the limit!

Nowadays, 60 can look good! We have many products that can hold the aging process off, sometimes indefinitely. Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment is only one of many, many products that are available to help us keep our skin looking young and moist. No, you will not look like a twenty year old, but it will make your skin look fresh and moist. I find dryness is one aging process I have had to deal with. After many years of beautiful skin, it is a never ending battle for me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I loved the 60 & Fabulous line of tee shirts and cards I found recently. I may get myself a few of these items to reinforce this way of over powering the thinking that being over a certain age is old. Shoot, you can be old at 25, if you think you are. If I think positive, then good things will happen. If I think negative than it is my own fault. Besides I love the idea of being 60 & Fabulous!







Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole,
Unless otherwise noted


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't ages just a number? I think as long as you are healthy they are just #'s. Love your images!

Anonymous said...

So you're a YOUNG 60, Kat (Kathleen?). I haven't been blogging much lately, but was skimming through my blog and just to check it out, looked into my page called My Journey With Jen, and read something you posted on May 1st of this year. You said you had read my book In the Mirror. I'm glad, of course, that you liked it. Thanks for much for telling me this, and I'm sorry I didn't get over here sooner. I hope you're having great success with the ads you post here, that is I hope it's becoming somewhat lucrative for you. And your homesteading sounds wonderful. I'm a firm believer in Being Prepared; the church I belong to is always urging its members to not only be spiritually prepared but also temporally prepared. Very important. Those who survive the disasters that strike are the ones who have done this temporal preparation. Or if their stuff gets wiped out, they can feel good about asking for help because they know they did all they humanly could. Sounds like this is the lifestyle you and your husband have chosen and try to maintain. I think it's wonderful, and I cheer you on!!

Hope you're having a wonderful Sabbath!

Marie said...

I agree! Aging is not something to be dreaded. There is so much beauty to see, and we can appreciated life no matter what age we are.