Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Plans For Our Homestead

A few days ago at Peaceful Forest

Things are looking up for us, in this past week. A very good week, I must say! Last week I FINALLY got a buyer for my parents' home. Not only that, but the buyer is a local business man and will not turn their home into a dumpy looking place. That was one thing I was dreading since I do have sentimental feelings for their property. Hopefully, that closing will take place in the next couple of weeks or so. Depends on how fast the lawyers get their work done.

Last summer

The other thing that I am very happy about is that our guitar strings are finally selling! And selling good! We opened a ProStore on Amazon and it has made the difference. Every day we have sales now. I love listing the products and have them sell while I am still working on adding more. It has made my husband a very happy man!

Last Saturday

I am also selling on eBay. Just auctions. Every month they give you that deal of 50 free auctions. You only pay fees if they sell. I like that. So every month I try to list at least 50. Only now I am out of things to sell. If I list something that doesn't sell the first time, I will relist it. If it doesn't sell the next time, in the box to the thrift store it goes! I have an idea of what to sell. So when the weather gets warmer, we will be making a trip to our local thrift stores and yard sales for more products. The kind that sell, of course!

Winter 2013

My eBooks are still selling pretty good on Amazon in their Kindle Shop. I am pretty happy with that. I have been working on re-editing those books though. Maybe have them professionally edited and formatted after I finish. I will add about 40 more pages to them. Some pictures too. I am also working on another one that is not nearly done yet.

Summer 2012

For the most part, I am looking forward to the spring and being able to start my seeds for my garden. I am hoping all goes through with my parents' home being sold with no problems. My son will be moving near his friends into his own place. Then we can get back to our life. Still missing my Nikita, but am able to go on and focus on other things for now. No more dogs for me. Hurts too much when their short life is over. I am planning on spending some time with my horses this year. Making some changes in the barn to give them more room, and get that stall for Tawny. Lots of plans for our house, but I will write about that later.






Copyright © 2013 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2013  Kathleen G. Lupole


6 comments:

laughwithusblog said...

I'm so glad your things are selling. That is so fun! And what a relief that your family property is going to good owners!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It is so beautiful there. We are starting to build our little 5-acre homestead. So much fun. We have chicks now.

OneMommy said...

You sound busy!
I keep thinking of trying e-bay, but wind up too lazy and just donate stuff. Congrats!

katlupe said...

Thank you, for your comments and visiting my blog!

Unknown said...

That's a BEAUTIFUL piece of property!! I loved the pictures! Just a tip on Ebay, as I've been selling there (and hubby too) for a little over a yr. now. We too donate whatever doesn't finally sell--but I've noticed it can sometimes take MONTHS for an item to sell---so you may want to wait a bit longer before you toss to the donation pile; who knows, maybe you'll end up putting more money in your pocket! I also bit the bullet about 2 months in and bought the lowest level of store---so I can list with higher limits each month--my listings right now cost .20/ea----but in MAY of this yr., they'll be giving us all 1500 FREE listings a month for those with at least a basic store, which is what I have.

Ginnyland said...

I am so glad that the family property is going to a good buyer (and hope that closing isn't a drawn out process).

It is so beautiful!