Saturday, March 02, 2013

Winter Time At Peaceful Forest

Hobo doing her share of the wood work!

Winter is supposed to be winding down. It is still cold. We still have snow and keep getting more.It has been a very hard winter here at our house. The biggest hardship was the lost of Nikita. I don't think I will ever feel the same. I have had a hard time trying to write my blogs due to her passing. I have lost my feelings of happiness. Not only did I lose my father six months ago, but my Nikita, who meant the world to me. If it was up to me, I'd move from here. Sometimes it is easier when you are in a new environment and doing things differently than you did before.


During a whiteout, Tawny is rolling!

We went through our big load of logs and are waiting for another load that we should get next week. This was the first year that we had to purchase our wood. Cutting trees down gets to be too labor intensive as you get older. I am looking to change things so our life will be easier. I mean, we do need to have some time in our life that is more enjoyable and not just hard work.


Cook stove wood!

I have been trying so hard to sell my father's home. It is a trailer with an addition and was not in the best condition. But it sets on a pretty piece of land that someone could make into a cute little homestead. He grew a really big garden there and it has berry bushes and apple trees. I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone will buy it. I cannot afford to keep it going. And I cannot live there myself.


What is that??? Oh my, SUNSHINE!


Spring is right around the corner, and I start my seeds on April first. So I am eagerly awaiting that day. I have plenty of seeds ready to plant. My brother works at a seed factory now and he shared a lot of seeds with me. We should both have plenty of food growing this year. My father would be proud!







Copyright © 2013 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2013  Kathleen G. Lupole


No comments: