Friday, August 26, 2022

Trying to Understand the Seniors' Healthcare System



I am beyond frustrated with the so called health care for seniors system. System it is. The representatives on the phone are useless. All they want is to sign you up for personal aide services whether you need it or not. The only thing I needed was dental, vision and foot care. They refuse almost everything from those but want you to sign up for personal care. Hard to believe they approved that for fifteen hours a week! I don't have enough work in my apartment for fifteen hours a week! It is a crazy. I need teeth, eyes and feet instead! If someone else did all my household chores then what would I be doing? To tell the truth, I really like being as independent as I can and that includes cleaning and caring for my home. 




It is no secret that I have no respect for allopathic medicine. I feel like they want me to have something wrong. So I do not trust them or their tests. I know many people will swear by them because they saved their lives. But at what cost? How many parts did they cut off your body? How many prescriptions did you put into your body? How many side effects have you suffered from? I think when they see a senior citizen coming they think about all the profits they can make from them. 




Maybe I am wrong, but then again it is my choice. I do not like to have services or processes pushed on me. It seems to me a better system would be that your insurance carrier would just approve you for a certain dollar value of services for a certain number of years. When you use it up you are done till a certain date. Then it starts over. It should include all services, even the so called alternative medical. Instead of giving doctors bonuses for certain drugs they prescribe, give bonuses for keeping patients healthy and alive to certain ages. Reward them for doing a good job not how many prescriptions they can write.




The one I have been using will not pay for anything else unless I accept the aide for fifteen hours. The aide I spoke to on the phone said it is not worth it to her to work two hours a week for me. So I have declined all aides now and will forego my dental and vision and figure out how to cover those expenses myself. I am struggling to stay free of any more debt. I could pay on credit for the dental but just don't want to do that. The vision I can pay for if I save up for it over a few months. In the mean time, I am wearing my old pair of glasses that I tried and found that they were better for reading and the computer. As for my feet, I am cutting my nails myself and the bad toes I am using essential oils on. I could always get a pedicure at my hair salon but right now I am trying to be very frugal. I do what I can myself and will stick with my own plan for now. 



Copyright © 2022 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2022  Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: