Thursday, June 13, 2024

I Do The Best I Can

 



Day by day I watch and wait for what I do not know. As my years go by and I edge toward the end of my lifetime and what lies ahead I still do not know. It would be easy to slip into a depressed state. Just going through each day closer to my last day living this earthly life. Instead I have decided to focus on life. My life. Others' lives. Doing what I can to make my own life meaningful and active. Maybe not too physically active due to my mobility issues but as much as I can. Doing things every day. Making a difference in my life that otherwise I would not be doing. 




Presently the activity taking up most of my time is something I have been doing for a very long time. Decluttering! Yes, my word editor still alerts me that word is misspelled. I spell it that way anyway because it is a word to me now. It is not like I have a lot of knick-knacks and stuff around my apartment. My problem has been that I have too much stuff. I have made my way though a lot of that by now. So I keep going. Getting rid of more things as I can. Right now I have been working on my storage locker so I can store my mobility chair in there instead of my bathroom. I plan to drive it up here to charge it after using it. Then take it back down there to park it. 


Epsom Printer


I am really an introvert and my time alone is never boring. In fact, my time alone is my favorite way to spend my time. I get into my projects. I find that when I have a problem I am trying to work on or fix that is when I do it. It took me forever to get a working printer that my operating system would work well with. The new Epsom printer works perfectly with the Unbuntu Jellyfish operating system. I was so proud the day I set it up and had it working. Now I am able to scan, print and copy with no problems at all. I spent a little more to have a printer that does not use cartridges. They were always dried up before I had a chance to use them up. In fact many times the ones I ordered directly from Brother came already dried up.


Cooking steak bites


I am still cooking meals from real food and not buying prepared stuff. Not that it is a age related chore because most people regardless of age have to eat. I enjoy cooking and creating healthy food for myself. Not so much into cooking for others these days. I eat mainly a "ketovore" type of diet. Ketovore is mainly meat, dairy and some seasonings (carnivore) and a little of low carb vegetables (the keto part). Eating this way is low cost and less clean up and very healthy. So I will stick with this from now on. I no longer miss those processed high carbs, fruits, grains or sugary foods. As long as I keep them out of my life I am good.




I discovered home delivery from my local grocery stores is perfect for me. Since I do not own a car my transportation has been a hard thing to figure out. I hate to ask anyone to drive me somewhere or to pick up something from the store for me. Riding the bus has turned out to be a good way to shop. It does not take very long to go to Walmart and I can get my shopping done myself. Most of the time though I use the grocery deliveries. Once you get to know the shoppers they do a good job as they learn what you like. 




Doing as much as I can for myself no matter my age or condition is important to me. I am not someone who goes crying to others about what I cannot do. I do the best I can. One thing I have learned is that if I cannot do it all at one time, it doesn't matter. Do it the next day or next week. It will be there when I get back to it. I do not let things pile up so I have to do a lot at one time. Do little jobs while they are little. Otherwise they might get out of hand and take a long time to complete. I make time for other activities other than indoor projects or chores. I have four parks within walking distance of my apartment. I enjoy time spent outside in the parks. Going outside has always been my favorite thing to do. It refreshes me. I can be in the middle of big job and just have to get outside. It always makes a difference. 




Copyright © 2024 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2024  Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: