Monday, June 20, 2005

Building Raised Beds

This is my second posting on my blog. I have so many things to talk about that I just don't know where to begin. For one thing, it is June, which used to be our best month. My birthday, is in the later part of June and it was always nice weather. When I was a child, I always had a outside Birthday Party. That is why most people like to have their weddings in June. But for the last few years it has been cold and rainy. Since it has been so rainy, our horses' paddock is now very muddy. So my horse, Georgie Girl is mad at me about this. She should know I have no control over the weather!

My husband, has been building me raised beds for my garden. It will make it easier for me to be able to grow food all year round. And I won't have to plow it to start the garden in the spring anymore. The problem is that he was hurt in a work related accident three years ago and his elbow was crushed. Of course, it was his right elbow. But he was lucky he was not killed!

Anyway, he built four so far, and I have them all planted. I love them! They are great. In the rain, this year, they didn't get flooded out. So my plants look good so far. I am hoping he will build me at least three more, and pretty soon. I am also hoping the deer won't trust them and won't come over there and try to eat my plants. This is the first year we have had deer come onto our property.

One other thing I wanted to tell you all, was that I have an eBay store now. I have had it for about a year or almost. I did close it down for a couple of months. I try to put things in it that I would like to buy. Well, usually it does have things I had anyway. But I go to flea markets, garage sales, yard sales, thrift stores, auctions, and even check the classifieds in my local Pennysaver. It's just a fun thing to do.

The other thing I would like to tell you about is some of the great deals I have put on my website http://www.larrylupole.com just recently. It has been completely changed over. I used to just offer my wonderful husband's music cd, Classic Fantasy for sale there. Then I discovered, that was a waste of all that web space. So I have put some other stuff on sale there.

. I'll see you tomorrow and will have couple of other things to show you plus maybe a horse story or something - we'll see what I come up with!

No comments: