Friday, October 01, 2010

Thinking Of Shopping At Alice.Com?

My order from alice.com arrived yesterday!


Tuesday of this week I placed an order at Alice.com for some of our household products. It arrived yesterday, Thursday, only two days later! I am so pleased with their service. It was easy to place the order, as their website is easy to use. Then the fact that it arrived very quickly was a BIG plus in my book! I had written in an earlier post, The Automating Process On Our Homestead, about the fact that I am trying to automate our life and homestead. This is one of the most important factors......purchasing our supplies. I am not receiving ANY sort of payment or products for writing this post about alice.com. I am just a VERY happy customer!

For me, walking through Walmart has become a nightmare. It is too big for me to buy my cat food and dog treats in one end, and then walk all the way to the far corner for dairy products. Now I will be ordering everything I possibly can online. Alice.com is just the beginning. Following my low carb diet has improved my walking ability tremendously, but I don't think walking through a huge store is worth it. I would rather walk in my forest, in my horses' paddock or down to our little creek.

Opened the box!
Our order arrived yesterday in the pouring rain, delivered by UPS. How nice I didn't have to drive in the rain to the store! I opened the box to find all our products neatly packed and very secure. They used the recycled film plastic things that cushioned our order in the box for protection. Nothing was damaged or leaking. I was very happy with the order.

Some of our supplies.

Now you may be wondering why I would order our paper products online? Well, I only use the Select-A-Size paper towels made by Bounty. We also use Cottonelle toilet tissue and I will not change to another brand. I cannot get them all the time. I would look in Walmart, and then at our local Dollar General or Price Chopper occasionally. But can't always find them. Price Chopper usually will have them, but it is way to crowded for me..........and another of those mammoth stores.

Nikita's dog food!
It seems that if I use something, everyone else must buy it up, or the stores don't order enough of it. I have three cats who are older, one has no teeth (not my fault, she was a stray) and one who has that "tortie attitude" and they only eat ground (or now called......pate), and I cannot always find it. My dog hates dog food anyway, but will eat Pedigree's ground food only. She hates chunks or any kind of gravy. Nothing wrong with her teeth at 12 years old, she loves raw meat and bones. So I was able to find the dog food there. I am still hoping for the brand of pate cat food at Alice.com that we use.

Liquid products traveled well!
The liquid products such as my son's Old Spice body wash, my Dawn detergent and Ivory liquid soap were bagged up in a large zip loc bag. The caps were tapped down securely with a heavy duty shipping tape. I felt my order was packaged up by someone who cared that it made it to my house safely and securely. 

The box says it all!
Another feature on Alice.com is that your products will stay in your account. Then when you shop again, they will all come up in your "My products" area which is your shopping list. You then add whatever product to your shopping list or cart for that order. You don't have to search their site for those products ever again. I will be setting up the automating of my products as I see how long it takes for me to use these products. You can set it so that when you need to reorder something, they will send you a reminder that it is time to reorder. I love it and look forward to them adding more and more products! 


Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole

10 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm really glad you wrote about shopping at Alice. I have been on that site but not shopped. Sometimes it's hard for me to get around in the winter when it's too cold and I'm considering using Alice. Are the prices comparable?

katlupe said...

I bought some Sauve conditioner at Walmart yesterday and it was $1.68. Today I saw it on Alice for $1.29. Big difference! The only thing is this way you cannot buy the cheap store brands but comparing items, I have to say that many brand names are a better product. Not always though, and there are some generic brands I like better than the brand names.

laughwithusblog said...

WalMart is a nightmare for me too! I am going to have to check this out!

Sunny said...

I contemplated buying from them once but at that time Walmart was cheaper. I, like you, like my Bounty Select-A-Size. I heard on the news this morning that Walmart has raised their prices, so I may look that Alice.com again.

Jusbcuz Dezins said...

I am so happy I stopped here to read your blog, I have never heard of Alice, but I certainly will check it out.
I agree about how crowded the stores get especially around this time of year.
Thanks so much for the information, and hope you have a wonderful day

PJ said...

hey Katlupe! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you read the post the first time. It's just that I'm so long-winded that I'm afraid by the time people get to below halfway down they get tired of reading, so Thank YOU. I tried to leave my comment on your "Solar Baby" blog, as that's what came up when I clicked on you name on the comment you left. Anyway, it told me I had to be logged in to make a comment, so I looked for a place to register but to no avail. Anyway your pictures reminded me of my sister's when she lived in Michigan. She and her hubby also lived in a forest. That was the scariest time of my life (well, maybe not of my life, that's another story) Anyway, I had to go live with them when my mom passed away, and to get to the school bus stop, I had to walk through the woods. I had to catch the bus at 7:00am, and up there it stayed dark pretty late, so it was pitch black except for one lonely little porch light in the distance. I was so glad to move from my sisters, mainly because of that. Anyway, your pictures are beautiful.
God Bless!
PJ

PJ said...

Hey Gal! It's me again about this post. How much is the shopping? That's what I would worry about. I ordered one little vacuum part for 6.00 and was charged 15:30 for shipping! I don't trust freight companies anymore.

God Bless!
PJ

Lynn Hahn said...

I've not heard of Alice either. I love what you said about your animals. I have a yorkie that was born with messed up teeth and he never did develop "real" teeth. Thanks for visiting my blog!

katlupe said...

Alice.com ships FREE. The prices of the products will be your total bill unless you have to pay tax. I live in NY so I had to pay tax.

x...K...x said...

Wow. I'm so glad I saw this post. I had never heard of Alice.com before now! I'm definitely going to check it out!