Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year To All My Readers!


Now 2010 comes to a close. Thinking back I remember how it was in 1999 when everyone was fearing what was going to happen when the year changed to 2000. People were stocking up and learning what they thought they needed to know. Some people gave their supplies away after that. Surprised me that anyone would do that! After you have the supplies stocked up why did they want to give them to food pantries or dump them? It was a good start on having some security. Regardless of whether you are a homesteader or just a person living in a normal life.



I don't really make resolutions, I call them goals. I will be making a post about them tomorrow. Today I spent the day with my father, who at 91 is pretty agile and quick. He still works on his car, house, garden and has wonderful sense of humor. I love him dearly, and every year I fear will be his last. I am thankful to God to have had him this long. Him and I spent a lot of time together when I was growing up. He was that kind of father.

Today I also spent some time with my son and seeing the new place he lives at now. I admit, I was wary of him living with my niece, Lisa and her family. But I have mended those fences. I have decided it was time to have a "forgiving heart" and this is where I was tested constantly. This year I will do my best to live my faith as an example to others. And this was the first step.

So my last day of 2010 was satisfying and enjoyable. I hope your's was too, and hope you and your family have a great year to come in 2011. See you next year!


Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole

8 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Happy New Year to you!! So awesome that you still have your Dad in your life! I also think that having a forgiving heart is an awesome and brave New Year's goal and we all should have that one as our goal. We humans are too hard on each other, I think.

The Zany Housewife said...

Happy New Years Kat! I'm so grateful to have met you this year (albeit online of course). Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year. :)

katlupe said...

Happy New Year and thank you for your friendships and for taking the time to visit my blog on a regular basis.

Tania said...

Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, and may you achieve all your goals.

I am setting goals too this year.

Paula said...

Kat, wishing you a wonderful 2011. That you may achieve your goals. Thank you for your friendship, glad I have met you. Hugs and love just up the road!!!! Paula xxx

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you, Thank you for your informative posts, and thank you for visiting my blog, and leaving comments. One of my goals this year (inspired by you) is to learn how to can.

Doreen Lombardo said...

Happy New Year. What beautiful pictures. My daughter has a love for horses and will enjoy seeing the picture here.

I admire your lifestlye. City girl through and through here. I will visit the country, but a week of that at most is all I can handle. However, I enjoy seeing how others live and find our lifesttyle fascinating.

May all your goals come true in 2011.

Mary Bennett said...

To your dear father's health!!!! May he live many more healthy and happy years!!!