Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Christmas Tree At Peaceful Forest Homestead



When we moved here in 1999 the woods came right up to the house. On the other side of the driveway, we had mostly trees until we started clearing it for our future horses. My husband brought this little tiny evergreen tree out of those woods and planted it for me at the end of our driveway. It was knee high to a grasshopper at the time. Now this tree looks beautiful standing at the end of our drive way.



I have another small one on the front edge of the lawn. You can find these little evergreen trees all over in the woods and the places where some of them are growing they would just never survive there on their own. Not enough sunlight comes in due to the large trees over them. So you are really saving them by replanting them in your yard or wherever you want it. To buy a pine tree at a nursery is pretty expensive. You can find a lot of these and they are like a little plant. You might even think they won't grow but I have found them to be pretty sturdy. Surviving the winter snuggled down under a snow bank.

Since I do not put up a Christmas tree, this is what I consider my Christmas tree. I am not killing it and I can look at it all year long. What a beautiful sight!



Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2010  Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: