Saturday, July 14, 2012

What Is The Point Anyway?

Not as green or colorful as usual this year with no rain!


I know I have neglected this blog, and all my blogs actually. This blog, on blogger seems to be having some kind of issues and makes it hard to complete my post. I will try to make it through this post. The reasons for neglecting my blog is that I have had much stress in my life in recent months. I am tired of the stress and trying to figure out what to do about each stress point.

It seems that we keep getting hit with bad times, one after the other. We have no way out of these problems. It is easy for others to tell you why or how or what you should have done. Or they say that bad times doesn't last. But for us, they do. If a problem happened that I could fix, it would be so much easier. But I can't. It has been making me think about alternatives to this life. No matter how hard I try, I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe I am not meant to be a homesteader. It is a hard life. It has never become any easier for us. It should have gotten easier as time went by. Instead it has gotten to be too much

I have struggled over the years trying to make a living online. Selling my husband's music cd, selling my eBooks, selling ads on my blogs, writing paid posts on my blogs, selling one eBay, Bonanza, Amazon, craigslist, and putting affiliate ads on my blogs. Trying to sell guitar strings was the hardest of all, mostly because we bought inventory of quality strings, thinking that with all the guitar players in the world, someone would need strings. Now I am tired of that too. Trying to sell online when others sell the exact same thing  way below our cost. What is the point?

I am not sure what I am going to be doing. Right now, I feel change in the air for me. My son will be moving into his own apartment soon. Then I will see what is going to happen here.




Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole

3 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such tough times on your homestead. Sometimes it really is best to change what you are doing. No one but you knows if it is time for that. I hope that whatever you do, things are looking up and you have less stress in your life.
Best wishes!

Frugal Down Under said...

I've been away too. I've been working in my corporate job wishing for another life. But it seems the life I want won't bring in enough money to get by so I will keep having to work a few more years in a job I am not passionate about.

I wish you lots of luck in the changing air and hope it does get better.

Heather said...

I understand. When it rains, it pours! Hoping you find new direction and a way that brings happiness.