Saturday, July 15, 2023

Problems Cause Worry & Stress



 Often times I have a problem that is stressing me out. I worry over it constantly. Especially if it is a very serious problem. Though aren't all problems serious? It takes up my whole day and I go to sleep with it on my mind. Some problems are the type you really can't do anything about. They take time to resolve themselves. Besides I can't change the outcome of it no matter what I do or don't do. So instead of wasting time with worry I am becoming more productive. I pray about my problem whatever it is then let God take over from there. He knows what he is doing.




Some problems have a way of working themselves out on their own. I will worry and worry and then some time later the problem is gone. If I forget about it because it is not so prevalent at the moment I realize it is not important any longer. I like that type of problem. Wish they all were like that. Life will always have problems that stress you out. Stress is the worst thing for your health. What are you going to do? For me the answer is to keep busy. When I am busy doing things I don't worry so much. So that is what I am doing.  My problems are not so bad compared to the problems others have.  


Keto Chow Apple Pie Ice Cream


Being a carb addict and emotional eater is a big problem if you are dealing with problems in your life. I have learned that using food to soothe your state of mind is not going to solve anything. I no longer snack or binge on anything. Not even ice cream, which was always my go to in those cases. If I want ice cream, I plan for it in advance. I use Keto Chow meal replacement shakes for ice cream. I can eat the whole pint of ice cream for one of my meals and it is okay. It is more than okay since it is a healthy alternative. Keto Chow has a really good taste so it does not have that "diet" taste that most low calorie or low fat ice creams have. Plus it is better for you. It is my belief that if you or someone you love or care for is still drinking Ensure or Boost, then it is time to change that. I spent many years working as a CNA and seeing what is in those drinks is scary!




One way I cope with my problems is by listening to music. It really does help. I like to color in adult coloring books while the music is playing. It gives me that time to think and reflect on whatever is troubling me. Sometimes I make problems out of things that are not my problems at all. My mother told me not to worry about something until there was something to worry about! Boy, that sure is the truth. Wasting all that time and becoming stressed over situations that never happen. I see a lot of people are doing that. Worrying and stressing, that is. Usually about things in the news. That is the media's intention. 

  

In the park!

Living in an apartment building for seniors and disabled as I do now, I see a lot of people get upset by rumors that get passed from one person to another. Just like the old telephone game. It gets worse and worse as it is passed along. People make assumptions based on how a prospective tenant dresses or looks. Nobody takes it into account what that person's financial situation, illness or disability is. I looked a sight myself till I got moved in and was able to have my hair cut and new clothing. 






Copyright © 2023 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2023  Kathleen G. Lupole





No comments: