Saturday, July 29, 2023

Dental Work Canceled Because I Am Too Old!

Long drive to go to the dental clinic

Yesterday I was angry about something. Today I have calmed down about it and let it go. I realized when I was thinking about it last night that it may work in my favor. My dental clinic called yesterday to tell me they (Wilson Dental in Binghamton, NY) had canceled my appointment with the oral surgeon because I am over 70 now. When I started there I was 69 but they kept canceling my appointments so now I am 71. I was all set to get this done soon. Now I have to start over somewhere else. 



My dental work was going to be paid for by Fidelis Care (insurance supplement for Medicare and Medicaid). So I had to put up with them making me have an aide to assist me in my home. Even though I found after having several different ones that I did not need or want one. They said I had to have one and they wanted me to have one for fifteen hours a week. Can you imagine? FIFTEEN HOURS A WEEK???? The only reason I even wanted Fidelis Care was for my dental work and maybe for new glasses and eye exam. 




The other problem for me is that the only dental clinic I could find that would take Fidelis Care was in other cities (Binghamton or Syracuse for me). It would be much more convenient for me to find a dental office (with a oral surgeon that will extract teeth) locally. So for now, I have decided to go on the hunt for a new supplemental insurance company that will include the dental, vision, hearing and podiatry without making me hire an aide. After I find one then I will search for a local dental clinic. There is one not far from my home and I have my eye on that one even though their information does not say they do extractions or treat us people over 70. 


Wilson Dental in Binghamton, NY

I must admit I did not feel completely comfortable with Wilson Dental because it is like a factory for dental work. One cubicle after the other of dental chairs and equipment. As you walk through going to the cubicle you will be treated in, you pass by many others having their work done. It is a low cost clinic and they are busy. The waiting room is always full and the wait is long. Often my appointments were canceled unexpectedly. I had an appointment for a cleaning and they did not have time to do it so they just looked at my teeth and made another appointment. Just try to call them! That is a long process waiting for them to pick up and many times they never did. So maybe it was God telling me not to use them. Whatever it was, I am not upset about it now. Just moving on to something better.  




Copyright © 2023 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2023  Kathleen G. Lupole




No comments: