Monday, July 11, 2005

Living In The Present Depression


I think we are presently living in a depression. We do live in a bad time. But then again, people all through time thought they were living in a bad time and it was the end of the world. It is getting closer to the end of the world, but only because mankind has destroyed it. Just look around and tell me what you see. Look at how much destruction people have caused, just in this country alone. Not only have they destroyed the trees, plants, animals, the birds, the fish, the land, the water, but the people - yes, look at what was done to the ancestors of our own Native Americans. That's the nature of people.

It seems to me that all people care about is having things fast and easy. They all want everything done now and done in the easiest way possible. And that is why our earth is being destroyed. People have to get everywhere the fastest way possible. These are the people who work in factories, building the items we purchase. They are suposed to work as fast as possible so you can see why nothing lasts or is broke right from the start.

I can't get over how proud so many women are of the fact that they do not know how to cook. How could you even say that? My son could cook when he was a child. All you have to be able to do, is to read a recipe! I receive a newsletter from a woman who is suposed to be a "affiliate marketing expert" and makes an extraordinary amount of money. She wrote about not knowing how to cook and how she ruined everything she tried. The fact is, that if she wasn't so rich, she would have had to eat the food that was burnt or not so good. And she would have, and so would have learned as she went along how to improve her cooking skills. Until one day, she would be able to be considered a good cook.

My first husband always considered it a status symbol to say that the best thing I could make was reservations. I always resented that remark as I made many good dishes and was improving. Now, the man I am married to, would rather eat at home any day, than to eat in a restaurant. We have found that whatever we order, I could always do it better. And do. I can't remember the last meal I had in a restaurant. And I like it that way!


See you tomorrow.

Copyright © 2005  Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: