Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Welcoming 2013 Along With Lots Of Snow

Lots of the white stuff!

Happy New Year to all my readers! One thing that makes me happy is that we are over the hump and on the way to spring. According to my spring counter on the side of my blog, we have 77 days to go till spring. We have been getting hit with many inches of snow since the first day of winter. Driving has been hazardous at best. Shoveling for my husband has been a nonstop job.

Water pump works well in the snow!

I am not telling any resolutions I am making this year. It always seems to jinx it! So for now, I am keeping quiet and working on some important resolutions. Just hoping I have a much better and productive year this year. Life was tough for me in 2012. Had horrible things to deal with. That is done with, I hope, for good.


Shoveling paths and driveways is tough!

Making plans to work hard on my food production and storage this year. That is not a resolution, it is just a fact. Last year, I didn't do anything that I wanted to do. And even failed miserably in my garden. Not because my garden didn't produce.............but due to my father's stroke and death, I was tied up and could not harvest my garden or can my vegetables. This year will be different!

Talking to each other!

My son, Jeffrey has become quite fond of our new cat, "Spots" and the feeling seems to be mutual. Everywhere he goes "Spots" follows him. We have not been able to get him to come inside the house at all. If we bring him in, he really freaks out and tries to get out. I will not make a prisoner of him. So for now, he can slowly learn to trust us. He seems to, since anytime someone drives by or stops here, he disappears until they leave. Yet as soon as he hears one of us outside, there he is! I hear, cats are a good judge of character!







Copyright © 2013 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole

1 comment:

Frugal Down Under said...

Brrrr - Looks cold there! Pretty too.

It's sizzling hot here in the tropics as we have been waiting for the relief of the monsoonal rains. It rained a little last night which eased some of the heat off but it's still unbearable and hard to be motivated without the aircond on. BUt push on we must.

Happy 2013!