Thursday, January 10, 2013

Winter Time Blues

One of our daily visitors to our deck!

Winter is pretty bleak around here and it is easy to get depressed or sad. Maybe because the amount of sun we get is so limited right now. I know I kinda miss those long days. It is staying light longer. Here it is 5:10 PM and it is still light out. It kind of sneaks up on you, I guess.

Callie and Patches under the stove!

Even our animals are dragging themselves around. Our cats are not very energetic right now and have put on a bit of that winter weight. Hobo, who is one to stay outside for hours, now goes out in the morning to go potty, then is back in to sleep. Every now and then, she will go out but come back in. Not spending much time outside at all. Patches does not even waste the time getting her feet wet or cold. She uses the litter box during the winter. Callie, well, she went outside twice today! That is a record for her, even in the summer. She sharpened her claws on the deck and came right back in. I think the chickadees visiting the deck got her interest.

Looking forward to their return this spring!

I hate to wish my life away, but I am definitely looking forward to spring. How about you?





Copyright © 2013 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole


2 comments:

teekaroo said...

Making garden plans for spring is what gets me through those cold, dreary days. It's a blizzard out there right now, so I guess it's a good excuse to go through my seed catalogs... again.

carol l mckenna said...

Trying to enjoy each day ~ as it is whatever the weather ~

(A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^)