Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Faster Than a Microwave!

My Microwave!

In most of the recipes that I find on the internet, they always begin with microwave this or that, as part of the instructions. I do not own a microwave, nor will I ever. Instead of using a microwave, I found my own way of cooking something super fast......in winter only, of course. Using a Dutch oven on your wood stoves will work. It does for me. This little pan I use is not really a Dutch oven, as it is very small. For melting chocolate or butter or cooking something per microwave directions, it works even better than a microwave.

Cooking a 1-Minute Muffin in dish inside pan.

Yesterday, I was trying to make the One Minute Muffin, that is a staple in the low carb life. I doubled my recipe since I was using a bigger dish than I usually do. Normally, I use half almond meal and half flax seed meal, but since I am on a strict low carb plan for Candida, I can't use the almond meal for the time being. I was going to put just the flax seed in.................I baked it and forgot that I did not put the flax seed meal in at all! Must be an aging thing? It came out very good anyway.

 Turned upside down with dish still on top.

Just in case you have never came upon the recipe for the 1-Minute Muffin, this is it. You can Google it and find hundreds of variations. This is just the basic muffin. Experiment with it. 

1-Minute Muffin

Melt 1 or 2 tsp of butter or coconut oil (microwave for 5-10 seconds*)
Mix in 1/4 cup of flax seed meal (and/or mix with almond meal)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 egg
Sweetener to taste (sweetener of your choice or 1 TBS of sugar free syrup)
Microwave on high for 1 minute* or,
Bake in oven for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees, or
Bake on top of a wood stove in a Dutch oven or closed pan for 1-5 minutes, depending on the temperature of your stove. Watch it!
Turn upside down on a plate and let cool a little.

Resulting in 1 net grams of carbs, depending on your sweeteners and whatever else you use.

Bon Appétit!


Like I said above, if you do not have a microwave, you can still stick it in your oven, toaster oven or inside of a Dutch oven and put it on your wood stove. When you use the Dutch oven, put the food in another little pan or oven proof dish, that goes inside of the Dutch oven.  If you cook it the way I did, on a wood stove, keep your eye on it! It will cook very fast! Faster than a microwave! 








Copyright © 2015 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2015 Kathleen G. Lupole
Updated 2018

No comments: