Monday, February 26, 2018

Spring Time Brings Hope

Horses have been chewing this stump to get the sap.


Today my mind keeps wandering. I think it is because I have spring fever. The sun is out and the snow is melting and the birds are in the woods and singing on and off. Not as much as usual. Our horses have been stripping the bark off the maple tree stump left in front of the paddock. Surprising how far they can stretch their necks to reach it. Even the stumps have the sap running and they love that sweet stuff. I remember my dad tapping the trees when we lived in Harpursville, NY, and going with him to empty the cans. He did not make it into syrup but kept it in the refrigerator in a glass jar and we drank it. It was good. I didn't know for a long time about making it into syrup. It still brings back good memories for me.

Winter means work!


It seems everything stops when winter arrives. At least here it does. Winter means work and lots of chores. Life around here then is not very pleasant. Nothing I can do to help because of my health. Makes me feel like a burden, but it is what is. Can't do anything about it during the winter. All the changes I can make have to take place the rest of the time, spring, summer and fall. That is my time. Working on a lot of plans or goals I have made and now with the promise of warm weather.

Dark Shadow & Patches




I can only say to do the best you can with what you have. No one can ask for any more than that. If you can't do the heavy chores any longer or have lost interest in raising animals and gardening, then just make changes to the kind of life you want. Not what someone else wants. Think of yourself for a change. It is not selfish, it is lifesaving!









Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: