Sunday, February 25, 2018

Patience Is A Virtue So They Say

Everyone rushing to get somewhere.

Patience is a virtue you don't see much of these days. Everybody is in a hurry. That must be why I took to living here so easily. I had no reason to hurry unless it was during the times I had a job. Then of course, I had to do a bit of rushing around to leave for work, rushing to drive to work and then rushing to do my job. Watching the clock until it was time to leave. At the end of my shift rushing to get home and get all my chores done and supper on the table. Same thing the next day and so on.

It is a lot of work out here.

I find myself not being patient anymore. It seems to me that after hitting the magic number of 65, I am impatient to get on with my life. Needless to say, time waits for no one. Not even me! Some people, like my brother, do not like any kind of change. Not me, I am so anxious to make changes in my life. The trouble is living out in the country where I do, when winter comes it is like being stuck in a time capsule of some sort. Can't move ahead, at least for myself. There are things I need to do for my health that I am unable to do here. I know when I write that, nobody can imagine what I am talking about. They say, "Oh, that Kathy is a drama queen." No, I am just expressing my feelings aloud for once. I am done pretending. No longer will you hear me say I love living off the grid or homesteading. It is a hard way to live. If you never do anything but chores and survive from one day to the next it is not easy. What is the point of it all?

Lilies emerging in the spring

I feel like I have lost control of my life. The urge to take it back is strong. I am using visualization to create the life I want and picture it. I do this many times through out my day. Not everyone is cut out for homesteading or off the grid living. When I was younger it was one thing. But it never got easier. You can't spend your life waiting. Waiting is dying, just surviving. I need to live now. So that is what my plan is. You will see me emerge in the very near future. I will be writing about it on this blog.


Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: