Monday, September 13, 2021

Live For Today For Happier Tomorrows



Live for today. That was the way I lived when I was young. Didn't think much about my future or what my life would be like when I was seventy. It never crossed my mind. Amazing how soon those years go by and...............wait who is almost seventy now????? Does it bother me? No, not really. I say things about my age sometimes, but mainly because I can't believe I am that age already. Even though I have mobility issues, I don't feel that old. I always say that old is ten years older than me, whatever my age. People still are amazed when I say my son is 51 years old. I had him young, what can I say? Now though when I say live for today, I am thinking about the famous saying of one day at a time. That is what I am doing now. One day at a time. If I have trouble walking today, I don't walk. I work on my computer or read in my recliner with my feet up. No sense crying about it. Tomorrow is another day. 




If you had to choose to be someone else for one day, who would it be? Would you want to be rich? Famous? Smart? Married to some hunk? Would you make every second of that day count since it was just for 24 hours? I bet you would not even sleep. I thought and thought who I would want to be and you know I could not even think of one person. Rich or famous? I don't envy their lives. They do not appear really happy to me. I think they are as miserable as the rest of us. When I was younger, I am sure my answer would have been different. I did live a number of years married to a man who made a considerable amount of money and we lived very good. Money wise I had everything I wanted. I did not have it in a husband, father to my child (who he adopted as his own), a companion or the type of relationship I craved. After two more marriages, I never found it either. 




Who is the happiest person you know personally? I would have to say my boyfriend, Sonny. If you know him, I bet you would agree with me. He is not rich or famous (even though I often say I feel like I am dating a celebrity because everyone in my area knows him). Yet life has not been easy for  him. Humor gets him through it. If you ever went to his Fakebook page, you would see why. His friends are always putting questionable memes on there because they know he will laugh at them. He seems to see the humor in almost all situations. The kindest man I have ever met. If anyone needs help, he is the one they call. 




Be kind has became the quote of the year. The trouble with that is that the people using it are not kind at all. They are using it to make you think your ideas or beliefs are not kind (unless you are one of them). I see it in the news, in the entertainment world. especially in politics, etc. This is one of the reasons I find being an introvert is actually the truest way one can live and be themselves. That way no one can turn your thoughts to match theirs. I have always been a sort of a rebel. I gave my mother fits. My brother always told me to just listen and not argue and then do what you want anyway. I could never do that. I had to argue and tell her what I really thought and then get myself in trouble (again).




I am focusing on what I need in my life at this time. It is different than what I needed or wanted when I was younger. There are things I cannot do and things I must do. Everyone handles it differently. I think though it depends on your circumstances. If your health is not good than you have to work on that first. You cannot just give up. Why do that? Live every day to improve or make yourself happy. Think positive about all things. I pray a lot, well actually, I have conversations with God. I tell him what I need or discuss what I can do or should do to overcome whatever situation. You know what? Almost every time, my prayers were answered. Sometimes when they weren't it turned out to be better anyway. 


My bunny boy, Rabbit makes me happy every day!


In closing I want to encourage you to write a list of steps you need to do to improve your life or situation. Things you can do right now. Not next week or next year. Now. Then try to follow those little steps and see what happens. 




Copyright © 2021 Kathleen G. Lupole

All Photographs Copyright © 2021  Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: