Wednesday, December 08, 2021

One Simple Change Can Change Your Whole Life




Life is strange. One minute you are living your life a certain way, then before you know it everything is different. It has changed for one reason or another. One change can cause the rest of your life to become unsettled. For instance, if you suddenly experience a serious illness, the loss of someone whether by death, divorce or separation or loss of employment, then your life is changed. There are times when you are forced to be the one to make the change. Even if you don't want to or are scared to do so. You just need to take that first step. Stepping out of your comfort zone is never easy.




At my age now, I see many changes over the years that took place in my own life. They were never simple or easy. Many I had no control over. Some changes I made happen myself. Not always because I wanted to, but because I had no choice. It was either live or die. At one time I was married to a bad alcoholic. We could have had a good life but I could not deal with the constant drinking. I am not exaggerating one bit. I barely drank. Well to be honest, I did not drink at all. When I started dating him I tried to. I could not tolerate alcohol for some reason (at the time I did not know I had multiple chemical sensitivity). Leaving him was a no brainer. Had to leave and never regretted it.




As you age though, it doesn't look good on you to be a heavy drinker, cigarette smoker or drug user. It affects your health and also your looks. Maybe others making remarks because you don't do what they do makes you feel like you have to do it even if you don't want to. Don't! Letting others influence you to go against your own beliefs is always wrong. I have never been a follower. Yes, I did things that were "in" at the time or that others did.....but NEVER because of their influence. I did those things of my own free will.


Keto Salad


Maybe friends of mine think because I try to follow the low carb/ketogenic diet that I am being a follower. No, that is not why I follow this particular way of eating. It is because of the way it makes me feel. Every time I eat processed high carb foods or sugar I pay for it with my health. The funny thing is the very people who put down the keto food plan are the people who should be on it themselves. They need to look in the mirror and look at their own health records and count how many pharmaceutical drugs they are on. That is their choice and I don't try to change it.





Changes in your life no matter how small will affect your life on down the road. Looking out for yourself is not selfish. In fact, it is the right thing to do. How can you help your loved ones if you are suffering from addictions? Poor health? Or undesirable domestic situations? You can't. Now look on down the road, 20, 40 or even 50 years into your future. Whatever you do today at a young age will most definitely affect you in the future.  




Now at my age it is too late to worry about what I did or did not do when I was younger. I have to work with where I am at right now. No matter what I will not lose my hope or positive mental attitude. I will always be in control of my life and if something or someone threatens that I will find another way. Patience is key. Time seems to do more than heal all wounds. It helps me get a better perspective on my problem or life. 



Copyright © 2021 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2021  Kathleen G. Lupole




No comments: