Tuesday, January 24, 2012

No Sun Means Less Power

Gray days don't charge solar panels!

Days without sun are limiting our power since our wind turbine is not completed yet. Had to wait till spring to finish it. I guess if you just buy a turbine or pole to put it on you can get it finished faster. My husband though is building a special pole that he has finished, but there is more to it then just setting the turbine on the top. It bends over so he can work on it in case there is a problem with the turbine. Of course, depending on how big your system, you may be able to get through the time with low sun. Our system is very small.

Solar Panels in summer charge really good!

I am not complaining as usually January is much worse than this. It appears though that we are having our January thaw. Our wood stoves are banked back and I am not wearing long sleeves. Not bad for January. It worries me though, what is in store for February? That is usually our worse month by far.

Callie Cat spends the winter sleeping!

Since I am off my computer most of the day for now, I will be writing a quick post today. This morning I had a sale on eBay so I had to package that up and check my other auctions. Now I will get off after I take my photos out of my camera and put on the computer. I will spend most of my day working around the house. Organizing and cleaning mostly.

Missing the sunshine!

Hope everyone has a great day, and if you have sunshine........enjoy it!



Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole

7 comments:

momto8 said...

your blog is so interesting to me! I really do learn something new everyday!! stay warm!
I am your newer follower..pls follow back if you can!

Paula said...

Oh I just posted yesterday about the grey and cold days and all I long for is some sun and Spring. But hot cocoa a la Paula helps for a certain amount of time!

Linda said...

Can you store power for gray days? I know so little about solar power.

Unknown said...

I hope you get some sunshine soon! January sunshine is such a special, precious thing!

The Redhead Riter said...

Hey! Where did you go? I haven't seen you in the community and we are missing you. Are you okay?

katlupe said...

Red, I am honored to be missed by you!!! LOL I have not had enough power and had to limit my computer time. Wrote my post, checked my sales and was off my laptop.

katlupe said...

Ada, thank you! I know you know what I am talking about.

Linda, you can store the power in the batteries. But we have gone more than a few days without any sun and used up what we had stored. Stick with me and I will teach you all about solar!

Oh Paula, I wish I could share your hot cocoa a la Paula with you! We could have a real girlfriends' talk session. Now that would cheer up any gray day!

Momto8, Thank you for following my blog and your kind comment. I am on my way to your blog.