Friday, January 06, 2012

Spent My Day With My Big Brother!

Mickey and Dakota

Today, my husband and I spent most of our day at my brother's house. He lives about 16 miles from us. I wish I had remembered my camera! I'd have gotten some awesome shots of him and the long rifles he builds. They are beautiful and he makes them all by hand. He sells some, but only if someone orders it first, then he makes it for that particular person. Otherwise, he makes it for himself and wants to keep it.

My Big Brother!

He was in a band when we were kids back in the sixties living in Flagler Beach, FL. He played the rhythm guitar and keyboards. His band did pretty good, playing at all our community dances. It was cool, having a brother who was in a band! Now he has a corner in his house that is for his collection of guitars and his new Fender amp.

The Spirit Of The Old West in New Milford, PA

Now though instead of being in a band, he has had a wild west show called, The Spirit Of The Old West. Presently, he has been doing his shows mostly in Cooperstown, NY, catching the outlaws who hold up the train. Using blackpowder guns and authentic clothing for the time period. He has been doing this for a long time now, years.

Mickey, Me and our neighbor

Well, I promised myself that I will go back over there and get some photos of his leather work, his guns, guitars and historical books. Maybe if I am lucky, I can get some shots of his girlfriend, Cindy's beautiful sewing projects that he wears proudly, especially a beautiful hunting shirt.




Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole


2 comments:

Trish said...

What a very cool brother you have!

d'Artagnan said...

your brother sounds like a seriously cool fella!