Sunday, July 03, 2011

A Look At The Garden

 Hard to get a pic without the sun shining!

Today, I finally got my seedlings transplanted in the garden. So hopefully, we will have more cucumber plants and summer squash too. I didn't realize that several of my cucumber plants were coming in, but by then, it was too late. I had already started all those new seedlings. Oh well, cucumbers are a wonderful snack! We will eat a lot of them if we have them.They are one of my favorite vegetables.

 Backyard

Even though I had decided not to plant tomatoes due to the Late Blight. I still have several of the volunteers from the heirloom tomato plant I planted years ago coming up. It comes up every year, usually at a completely different location. This year though, it is the same place as last year. I was happy to see the first one come up and now I have a few more. You never know with that one how many you will get.

 Green Hubbard Squash traveling!

The Green Hubbard squash I planted have really taken off. The cooler temps agree with them and I have them in area of the garden where when the sun is really hot, they are sort of shaded.  I am hoping to get a good crop of them for our harvest. Usually I can my winter squash and these are supposed to be really big. I don't know as it is my first time growing them.

 Our raised wood beds




Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole


4 comments:

Paula said...

Oh I love this traveling squash! By now nothing except the herbs has survived my attempts of patio gardening. Oh well, try and error. Next time I will check more into veggies which may grow in half shade. Thinking of you.
Paula

Unknown said...

A lovely and well organized garden, indeed....smiles.

teekaroo said...

I'll have to look into that squash. I'm always looking for things that like it a bit cooler.

Lori said...

Kat, WOW, just WOW! Your garden is just beautiful. Oh I could just look out the window at that all day!