Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our Birds Return Home

First Robin Returned Home

Sprung the time ahead this morning! I really like this time best of all. It brings the feeling of spring. Along with the early morning sounds of the birds who have been making their way back to their home territory. Thursday morning, when we went out to do our morning chores, a big robin was sitting in our maple tree singing his familiar song. What an amazing sound that is! Especially when I am anxiously awaiting spring to arrive.

Hobo making her way through the mud

Now my thoughts are on my garden. Today I hope to get outside and look at my raised beds. Make some plans for what I will put into each bed. Seeing the beds out from under the snow gives me that urge to work on the garden. Can't wait to get my seeds started, but today I have other obligations. I am hoping to get look through the seed packages though and see what I have, and what I am out of.

Birds in the tops of the trees!

What about you? Are you seeing signs of spring in your area? I guess after such an easy winter, I shouldn't have cabin fever, but I do. Must be it is something that you experience regardless of the type of winter you have. Our horses seem to be eager for spring time, even though they love snow and colder temperatures. They are shedding their winter coats already and soon will be sleek and shiny.






Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole





2 comments:

Paula said...

Birds are singing, butts exploding and me wanting to get my hands into soil. Sigh

katlupe said...

Yes, Paula, something about the birds singing makes me want to do that also. Happy days to come!