Saturday, May 04, 2013

Watching My Seedlings Grow!

 Tomato seeds planted in this one.

From a container of dirt, some water and sunshine...........comes our food! Every spring, gardening fills my thoughts. I want to always grow more every year, than I did the year before.

 Seedlings in the bathroom.

Many different plants get their start inside the house to give them a head start when the weather warms up. Tomato and pepper plants, especially have to be started early in order to enjoy them as early as possible. My cucumbers and squash plants, I have been starting inside in recent years, but I really don't have to. They still grow fast, and I know we will be eating lots of squash and cucumbers fresh from the garden all summer.

Getting bigger!

The seedlings respond to the warmth of the sunshine every morning! Someday, we hope to have a greenhouse. We had planned on building a sun room on our deck so that we could start seeds there. But now we have plans to move from this house, and will make sure our new house will have a space for starting seeds. And it will not be cold during the night, as it is here. That will make gardening much easier.


Gathered together in front of the window every morning!


I swear if I sat in front of them all day, I would see them move through the dirt! No, I have watched, and you never see their heads pop up. A few minutes later, you come back and there they are......popping up through the dirt!






Copyright © 2013 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2013  Kathleen G. Lupole

6 comments:

BP said...

Kat, I miss you over at Red"s FB group. I got worried and tried to call you but it seems I coped the number wrongly. Finally checked your blog and see you have been up to a lot of beautiful things. I love wind farms. And I so can relate to watching your seedlings grow.
BTW< just recently my green card based on the Violence against Women act got approved. After 19 months my abuse got validated and the US accepts the responsibility done by one of its citizen.

Love and hugs.
Paula

katlupe said...

I miss you too! I am there, but I think you blocked me when you deleted me as your friend on Facebook. So that means I cannot see your posts, you cannot see mine and it looks like neither one of us can talk to each other on Red's Facebook page. I did not block you, so you would have to be the one to change it. We could still talk to each other, just not be friends on our own pages.

Congratulations! Does that mean you are going to stay in the US? Or haven't you decided it yet? I hope everything turns out good for you, Paula.

BP said...

Kat, I have not blocked you. Just double checked. I am sure you know that I canceled our friendship at FB not because of you but the tone some of your friends displayed. Not their different opinion but their ignorant way to express it. But at Red FB group page you are missed. Not only by me but others and Red. I wonder whether you interact there? Love and hugs up North. Paula

katlupe said...

Hi Paula! I go there almost daily and I post all the time. But I could not see your posts until today. Hopefully, we will be able to interact now. I know why you deleted me, my homesteading friends are a wild bunch, and don't always post their views tactfully. Sorry about that.

BP said...

Kat, it took me awhile to figure that you were blocked. Had to do with me not recognizing your email address - till I checked a second time. Good to be in touch again.

katlupe said...

Well, I am SO glad you figured it out!! I was missing out on your posts and I couldn't stand it. You are best, Paula!!!!