Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thunderstorms On The Rampage

Ludlow Creek Is Raging This Morning!

 Storms were raging everywhere last night. On FaceBook many of my friends from different areas of the country were posting that it was coming. We got it, but it didn't seem as bad as it was a couple of nights ago. Many people are without power around here as power lines are down. Trees are across the road.

Our backyard full of standing water!

In fact, the New York State Electric And Gas man just stopped here because power lines are across the road by our neighbor's house. When he came to the door he said, "I think I am lost." I said, "I figured that, since you stopped here as we aren't hooked up to the power lines." Then he was really interested in the fact that we were using solar and adding wind. He did say we were better off than everyone else today.

Our road this morning...

I took a walk down to our little creek since it was roaring. My cat Hobo likes to walk with me, but she sat on the hill watching me go down to the bridge and she didn't dare venture any closer today. It was not the sweet little creek this morning. In fact, it looked pretty scary. Hope you are safe and all is well with everyone today! Prayers to all who have been hit with this storm.

Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole

3 comments:

Frugal Down Under said...

I just learnt about the weather in the USA. Bad times around the world these last few months with many deaths in New Zealand, Australia, USA and Japan.

Is it a warning for things to come? Be careful and good on you for being off the grid. Your hard work, determination and independence has allowed you to "weather better the storms".

Sharon Huffman said...

Stay safe! As we watched the devastating news last night I kept wondering which of my blogging friends would be impacted. I hope you don't get hit hard!

Marlene said...

I love a good thunder storm but as my mom used to say "Enough is Enogh and This is TOO Much"!