Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nice Spring Day At Peaceful Forest Homestead

Snow has just about all melted now!
 Today we were supposed to go visit my FIL, but our brakes on our truck need to be replaced. So we decided not to go and take a risk as they do not sound good. My husband will get the new ones on in a few days. So we both spent the day working on our individual projects around here.

Callie in the barn

My day was spent on transplanting my seedlings that had grown quite big. They badly needed a bigger pot. The Green and Blue Hubbard squash has taken off nicely. It looks like we will be putting a lot of winter squash in our root cellar this year. For some reason the butternut squash and Hopi Gray are lagging behind. But I haven't given up on them yet.

My husband spent the day organizing the upstairs of our barn. He has his tools and stuff up there and needed it better organized. The upstairs is really big and he is planning on putting a work bench up there. He has definitely needed one!

Spring is finally in the air around Peaceful Forest. Mud season is here, though not too bad.....yet. I will not complain about our wet climate in light of what my Texas online friends are going through at the moment. Some of our rain would help them out a bunch about now. It is in our forecast for tomorrow in fact.

Happy Sunday and may God bless all! 



 Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm interested to hear that you transplant squash. I was always told to move them around as little as possible to keep from disturbing their roots.

Skip said...

Kat, glad to see the snow is melting and Spring arrived at the peaceful homestead. Hope to see pics of your sproutlings soon.Zoe and I check our little ones daily:-))) Paula

katlupe said...

Ada, I guess I had never heard that before. So I did it and they grew. In fact, I had the best garden ever last year and I started them all inside. So I will keep trying to get a jump on the season.

katlupe said...

Paula, I'd have posted pictures of them yesterday, but my camera will not work!! I am so stressed over this as it was very expensive (for me). It has been one thing that has improved my blog 100 percent. So I am checking to see if I hit a setting somewhere and messed it up myself (I hope!). Then I will post the pictures of my sprouts, that are not exactly sprouts anymore. They grew so fast! They are all heirloom seeds though.