Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Asking For My Readers' Help Today





I belong to a community on The Blogfrog, called The Redhead Riter's Community. Our group there is pretty close knit, and we support each other if we can, in many different ways. Sometimes it is just making each other laugh, or offering of advice, or a shoulder to cry on. If I need advice or support, that is the first place I head. None of our members there are the kind that put you down for anything you post. Sometimes we may not agree with each other, but we state our opinion nicely, not in a hurtful manner.

When it was brought to my attention, that Joan, of A Bad Marriage Is Fattening, and Rich Beyond My Wildest Dreams, was posting some desperate conversations yesterday, I had to take a look at them today. I hadn't been there much over the last couple of days. I was working on updating my eCook books and never had a chance to go there. I read the posts about trying to get our members to place a vote for Wendy, who is the owner of children's hair salon called Cool Kidz Cuts. It is located in Chico, CA.

Now The Redhead Riter has sent out a plea to everyone, to please vote for Wendy! Her salon is going to be moving to another location within the next year. That is expensive. Can you imagine moving her salon supplies and equipment?  Not only is it expensive, but it a lot of  work too! She is in a contest to win a $250,000 business grant from Chase and LivingSocial. They will award twelve individual grants to small businesses.

Now why does Wendy deserve our votes? She has worked hard to support her family after her husband suffered a very severe work related accident. I can only imagine how hard it was for her to get through this time! Let's all rally behind Wendy and help her win this grant.

Here are the detailed directions on how to place your vote, One Person Can Make A Difference! Follow the directions there and vote for Wendy. All the information you need is on Red's blog post. Then share it on your Facebook page and Tweet it. Try to share and tweet it at least once a day. You can only vote once so get your friends to vote too. She had 66 votes this morning, when I voted.


We need 250 total! Come on!  Let's help Wendy win!! 




Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2012  Kathleen G. Lupole

3 comments:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Done! Hope she wins the grant.

pelenaka said...

I voted yesterday ... sending good fortune to Chico !

Lori said...

You are such an amazing person and frined. You always go above and beyond to help others. Just one of the things I love aobut you Kat! So glad we are frineds. BTW, she is up to 136 votes now. :)