Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Thrift Store Finds

kat unpacking recent thrift store purchases!

I have always loved shopping in thrift stores. It is fun to see what you can find. Fortunately the city I now live in has quite a few thrift stores. The only bummer is that they are too far from my apartment to get there by walking with my rolling walker. Yet my mobile chair is too big to go inside and go down the aisles. I have to go to them by car. Recently I went to the Salvation Army, which is about 40 miles away. In fact, we went twice in one week due to big sales they were having. I can't wait to go back there again. There are two thrift stores near me, but nothing like the Salvation Army. Like I said before, I have to go by car. One is Annie's Thrift Store and the other is Ms. Bea's Warehouse and Consignment Shop. I am lucky that my boyfriend, Sonny, will take me to these whenever I ask.


Unique shapes and colors bought for 99 cents each!

I was so excited to finally have a home where I could display my things. Things I had to keep packed away for so many years. I got rid of a lot of things. That is not a bad thing. Now I do not want to bring more clutter back in. And living in a studio apartment means I have to be careful due to space. I started seeing the various glass vases in pretty colors in the thrift stores. I checked them out on eBay where they sell for a sizable amount of money. I thought I'd just put some on my window sill. Soon I had another idea and put them on top of my kitchen cupboards. There they will stay!


All the different colors brighten up my home!

Most of these pieces sell for 99 cents to $2.99. I do not think I ever paid more than that for even one of them. What a bargain when you see the color of each one come alive in your home! I have to live with colorful items especially since I am usually here all day, by myself, except for Rabbit. Color makes me feel happy and maybe that is a bit of what color therapy is about. Whatever it is, it makes me smile when I look at my display of these beautiful pieces.


One of my favorites!


Some pieces are unique shapes. Maybe they are more familiar to you than to me. One of the members of my home decor group on Facebook, told me that some of these vases are for starting bulbs. I have not researched it or anything, but it makes sense. If any of them are valuable, I do not know. I just know they are pleasing to my eyes. When I am in the thrift store with Sonny, most times I go up to the counter to pay for my purchases and see his group of items will usually include a vase he has found for me too. We have fun shopping together! 


The bunny and big blue vase Sonny bought for me

These were just a few of my thrift store finds and I will be showing you more in future posts. You can decorate your home beautifully by shopping local thrift stores in your area. Brand new items are very expensive. Shopping this way you can do your whole room or house for a lot less. If you have an idea of what you are looking for, you will probably find it or something better. Happy shopping!





Copyright © 2019 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2019  Kathleen G. Lupole


No comments: