Sunday, September 29, 2024

My Coffee Corner


My Coffee Corner


Yesterday I was tempted to make a coffee bar in my small apartment. I looked at ideas on Pinterest on how to make one. They had a lot of cute ideas and tips. Amazon even had items I could purchase and use to make it even more unique. I really believe the ultimate goal of each and every website, such as Pinterest among others, is to trigger you to spend money. Even if you can't afford it and end up using a credit card. Suddenly I had a moment of brain power! Why would I need a coffee bar? Who do I drink coffee with? In fact, I already have a corner of my kitchen devoted to my two coffee makers and the electric teapot. So I set out with the idea of making that corner more attractive. And efficient. Yes, efficiency is what was needed. 




I actually have two coffeemakers. The big one can make a pot of coffee or just one cup. It does not use pods though. Must have ground coffee for that one. The other one uses pods or ground coffee but for single cups only. I have been using that one lately. It is a cheaper model pod coffee maker. Feels cheap but it works good so far. I bought it because I wasn't sure I was going to like using the pods. Well, I love them! Now my coffee always comes out perfect. Every cup is freshly brewed and hot! 


Tin for storing coffee pods!

I used to use tins for storage before I moved here. After moving into this apartment I started using the tins for other  purposes. This one particular tin I had stored my packages of electrolytes in. Until yesterday. I changed it to store my coffee pods in. Now instead of having to reach up into the cupboard for them they are right next to the coffee maker. Easy to get to! Especially if I am half asleep in the morning. It is not like I drink coffee all day long. Or many cups of coffee. I am a two cup coffee drinker! Occasionally I might have a third cup. That is rare though. 




Since my refrigerator is almost up against the end of the counter it makes that corner private. I have slide in shelves that go between the refrigerator and the counter. It just fits because my ex-maintenance man made it fit for me. The top of that slide in is where I keep the tin of coffee pods. So it is right on top and easy to get one out. I do not buy any sugar and have not for at least four years. Cream is all I use in my coffee. It is a pretty simple coffee bar with a spoon rest and spoon finishing it off. 




Then I have the larger Hamilton Beach coffee maker on the end of the counter back against the wall. Next to that is the smaller pod coffee maker. To use one I have to pull it out on the counter. Mainly because to fill either one with water I have to fill it from the back. I hate that design but I found most coffee makers are made like that. I had a really nice Ninja one that filled from the side but that one didn't even last a year. I put a straw place mat under them which helps if I want to use the bigger one. I just pull out the place mat with the coffee maker on it. Easier to do that. The smaller coffee maker is light so I can easily lift it and put it in place.




I have purchased a sign for the corner and will show that on this blog as soon as I have it in place. For me this is a pleasant spot to get my coffee. I now have a coffee bar designed especially for me. No extra cost really except for the small sign I purchased from eBay. There is a nice coffee shop around the corner from my apartment and many people go there. It is quite popular but that expense is not something I want to add to my small budget. I would rather buy the coffee pods and cream and make it at home. I like not having to leave home to get a decent cup of coffee. 





Copyright © 2024 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2024  Kathleen G. Lupole






No comments: