Tuesday, September 17, 2024

The Truth Is In The Details

Note the details!

It is funny how things a person attaches importance to doesn't matter to others. An issue I think is very important, is something other people do not know about it. If they do, they do not even think about it. When I look at a person or group of people, I take in every detail about them. I will usually note the color of their hair, their clothing and even their shoes. I listen to what they say. I will even study their body language or attitude in that situation. Maybe it is not normal to do that. I always thought it was because I like to write. When I write stories I use some of those characteristics. Sometimes I write those thoughts down so I have them for the future. Honestly I feel the real situation is always in the details. The details that are overlooked by many. 


kat's Kitchen

There is no way I can sit in a meeting or with a group of people and not listen to what they are saying. If I cannot hear them I will move closer or listen more intently. Maybe that is why the media reporters present different stories on the same exact issues. Some hear it. Some don't. Some see it and notice the details. Others do not. Pictures do not always tell the true story either. I know that for fact. I can take pictures of a messy room and make it look beautiful by editing the photo. In some ways people do that in life. Some look beyond faults of others and see only the good. My mother was like that. She forgave easily and welcomed those that hurt her back into her life. 


Wind Max 400

The world has changed so much by becoming focused on technology more than anything else. I admit it that I like my computers and being online as much as anyone else. It is a strange thought I had but living here in a city I need it way more than I did living on my homestead. I could have adapted to our life being centered around our land, gardens, harvesting food, the forest and our critters. Instead we needed power to live with technology so we had to have solar and wind. When I first moved there I thought that our life was going to be about living without those conveniences. When technology became the goal we needed money to set it up and it was never ending. I left because I could not keep up with the money or the work. I often think maybe if we had just been content to live in the house with it set up to live without technology (and horses) I could have stuck it out. 


A picture I colored.

Now I can go for days without seeing or talking to anyone in person. I have my friends online who fill that need. Lately I have been cutting back on my time on "fakebook" (my name for that site). I have the feeling they do not want my interaction or content there anymore. I am limited on what I can like, post or comment. I can live without them though I do miss my friends there. A good share of my day is spent following a list I have written the night before of what I am going to do today. Or try to do. My days seem to race by because I am so busy. I am presently reading three different books on my Kindle Fire. I try to read whenever I get a break from whatever I am doing. I like to color in adult coloring books and find it to be my time to think, pray and plan. It relieves stress for me. I take it to the laundry room while I do my laundry and it makes the time there go by quickly. 

I replaced the power head on my NuWave oven!

No matter what is going on in my life I do my best to stay positive and present a cheerful presence to the world. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. Trying to figure out things for myself (with the help of YouTube) is what I do. My biggest obstacles has been trying to fix things, like my computers, my mobility chair, the Nuwave oven and the printer to just name a few. The last two I did myself by replacing a part on the oven and the printer itself. The work I do here is basically just keeping my studio apartment and myself clean. Taking care of my bunny. Looking out for my son. Nothing earth shattering. Just life. 


 


Copyright © 2024 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2024  Kathleen G. Lupole


 

No comments: